Followers

Monday, November 19, 2012

Tammy's Scrapin Corner - Thanksgiving or Fall!

Good morning everyone!! Monday morning... I have a big meeting today with the new boss. I've been stressed all week about it. That is what is on my mind this morning.

Church yesterday was great.. he spoke about being Thankful. Bailey went to Sunday School and Michael wouldn't. We had a nice argument in the hallway about it and then he ended up sitting with Grandma and myself. Kevin is not happy with me that I didn't stand my ground... well, not upset.. disappointed I think. I don't want to push too hard. I'm really at a loss at what to do with him. He is 13 years old and won't hang around kids his age. He isn't an adult, but wants to be around adults. It is really frustrating and I know it is frustrating for Kevin... especially when I give in. One good thing happened... my mother saw someone she knew at church today! Maybe I can get them to hang out and get my mother involved in some things. She needs a life... something to get her outside of her home. This could be just the thing! It's a start!

This week I work Monday through Wednesday. I took off for Thanksgiving Day on Thursday and then the Friday after. I will enjoy my four day weekend! LOL Taylor is home from college, but she is staying with my sister and they are hanging out together. I'm really glad.. I think it is good for them both. We all need to talk about the college expense and figuring out how to pay for next Semester. I also need to talk to her about REALLY trying to get the RA job at school. If she could be an RA in the dorm then it would cover at the least her room and board. That would take a huge chunk out of her cost. And it may even pay for her food as well. We'll have to see what happens. She really needs to push for that though.

On to our challenge today :)  Today we have the new challenge at Tammy's Scrapin Corner. The theme this week for Challenge #37 is Thanksgiving or Fall. Here is my card:

I used a Doodle Dragon image - Acorn Fight .. I love it!! I used scraps from Bo Bunny and Reminisce papers, cardstock, the leaves are from an Embossable Design by Heather McCurdy... wow.. I couldn't tell you how old that is LOL  6 years? 8 years? maybe even 10 years? LOL!! ribbon, Reminisce die cut sticker for "Autumn Bliss". I used two circle die cuts from Spellbinders... then on the top one I layered the ribbon ruffled around it. I popped some parts.. the leg on the bucket for the squirrel, the arm on the bucket for the dragon, the scarf around his neck and his nose. I used Copic to color:

Dragon: R29, R27, R24, R22, G29, G28, G24
Scarf: B06, B05, B04, B02, B00
Squirrel: C7, C5, C3, C1, C00, 100
Metal: C7, C5, C3, C1, C00
Nuts: E21, E25, E27
Wood: E37, E34, E33

Challenges:

For Thanksgiving, I am bringing the Honeybaked Ham, making broccoli casserole and Bailey and I are going to bring some desserts. We are making turkeys.. I'll post them when we get some made, pilgrims hats.. I'll post these as well LOL and acorns. Below is a picture of the acorns. I pinned these three recipes to my Pinterest so we could make some fun little additions for Thanksgiving. Bailey is anxious to get started.. I've told her she has to wait and do them all on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Nutter Butter bites, a hershey kiss and a mini chocolate chip. Everything is glued together with a dab of chocolate frosting. Cute aren't they!!! I'm not sure where the green sprinkles came from LOL She was trying to add something.. more sugar I think was the key!! LOL  Cute and simple to make.. I thought they would be fun to bring!

Alright.. Off for my Monday to begin... Lunch with the new boss and the other admins (stomach turning) Ughhhh... I like my boss now!! LOL I just need it to come and be over with. Have a great day everyone!!!




24 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Susan this is beautiful. Love the colours and design. Wishing you a wonderful Monday.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Unknown said...

This is so gorgeous. Susan you coloring is amazing.
Hold tight on the teenage years. I went thru the same with two girls lol.
we survived it.
Thank you for another great Design Team.
hugs Tammy

Karon said...

Hi Susan - what a super cute card - I love the layers making it so 3D. Hope you meetings with the new boss go OK today. Have a great week. Hugs,

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

Kate said...

LOVE all of those fun colors! Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox & Friends.

Crafting Vicky said...

I totally LOVE your card. The colors are really awesome and yup... mine looks all washed out compared to yours... just knew that would happen...

Those deserts look so very yummy!!!!!!! I'm hungry now lol

Have a great week and hope your meeting went well.

Janice said...

A beautiful fun card & some lovely cooking in store by the sounds of things. Thank you so much for joining us at an OBAG this time. Happy Thanksgiving, Jx

Hazel said...

This is lovely, but please note that my CHNC challenges are always specifically for Christmas x

Winnie and Patty said...

Very cute card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Hi Susan, first let me say those goodies look so good...lol Your card is fabulous. I love the colors and the 3D effect. Wonderful job Hun...joann sassy raggedy

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your card its sooo adorable!, thanks for playing along with us at Fun 'n' Flair Stamps!

Peanut said...

I have to tell ya, Susan - those Nutter Butter bites are a monumental distraction! I'd be that little squirrel on your card - which, by the way, is just sooo adorable and cute and FABULOUSLY HILARIOUS! Love it to bits! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles. Hope to see you play again next week.... and don't forget to bring something sweet! LOL

Hugs,
Asha - PolkaDoodles DT

Theresa's Studio said...

Fun card! Thanks for joining us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends.
Yummy treats shown made me hungry.

Unknown said...

Oh my stars Susan! This is so fabulous!!! The image is so cute and you colored it perfectly. :D Oh, I love the idea of the nutter butters, those look so cute!

Jacqueline Smith said...

What a really fabulous card, love the colors and that image is so adorable. Thanks for playing with us at Stamping with the Dragon!

Diane Louise J said...

Gorgeous card, lovely colouring of such a cute image. Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends Challenges. Good luck in the draw and hope to see you again very soon. We are running a DT call at the moment, pop back to FF for more details. Diane xx

Wattage said...

What a cute card! Never seen this image before, its lovely - thanks for joining the challenge at Forever Friends, Lisa (DT) x

Jackie said...

This is such a fun card and an amazing take on our sketch challenge too! Thank you for joining us at Fun 'n Flair....you may want to check out our blog for a surprise too ;)

Jackie, Fun 'n Flair DT

Chrissy said...

Such a fun and fabulous card Susan, love the dragon he is gorgeous, fabulous colouring.
Thanks for joining in with us at ATC’S and cards with Attitude..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Chrissy said...

AND...
Thanks for joining in with us at FAT pages and cards with Attitude too..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Cindy said...

Adorable is just the word for this card! Love the use of the dragon with the squirrel! Thanks for joining us at My Heart Pieces! Cindy :)

alethea said...

Wow, what a fabulous card! Love how you have layered the image!! Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles!! HUgsxx

Craftyhugs said...

Gorgeous card Hun! I love the colours and details its fabulous! You are very talented and live a very busy life lol. You give so much inspiration too! Hugs xx

Laine Kammeraad said...

Love love love your card Susan. The image is adorable - I love the colors you used - its just perfect.

Hugs and smiles

Laine

Unknown said...

OMG!! I am totally loving that dragon! He is so cute and very festive for a dragon!! Love all your layers. Beautiful card.

Sounds like Michael really needs Kevin in his life full time. I hope he can find some friends his own age and "fit in". Not an easy time for kids. Be strong mom!!