Followers

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Crafting When We Can - Fairytale

Happy Sunday everyone :)  Today begins a new challenge at Crafting When We Can. The theme for the next fortnight is Fairytale!!! What a fun theme! I used "Whispy" from Saturated Canary.

I also used a background image from Make It Crafty - Fern Log Digi Stamp. They have some great background stamps and I thought this one would go just perfect with the fairy!  I colored Whispy with Copic markers and the log and mushrooms were colored with Prismacolor Pencils. I used all cardstock.. wow.. I just realized that LOL  Me... using no patterned paper??  How strange!! LOL I used green pearls, white opal liquid pearls on the mushrooms, Stickles - Frosted Lace on the wings and Walnut Stain Distress Ink. the circles where made with one of my circle punches and then from using a paper folding technique on Desire's Blog - Doing Life. If you click on Tutorials, there are several paper folding tutorials there.. so fun! She is an amazing talent too! I used Tinkerbell as my Fairytale... and in the movie Peter Pan when they try to keep her alive by saying I Do Believe In Fairies... I Do! I Do! .. LOL Whenever one of us says I do.. the rest of us start saying that. We do that a lot with different sayings!!

Copic:
Outfit: YG21, YG23, YG25
Skin: E00, E01, E11, R20
Eyes: B02, B04
Lips: R20, R22
Hair: Y21, Y23, YR21, YR24

Challenge:

Wow.. it's been a busy week. I feel like I have been on the run since Thursday.. Oh wait! I have LOL  That's hard for a person like me that is a complete home body. I like to be home.. just the way I am. But it was a nice Thanksgiving with my sister, my mother and my kids. Just wish Kevin would have been there. We had a good time. We played dominoes for a little while in the evening and then it was time for us to head home. We got to my sisters about 7:30 am and didn't leave until about 7:30 pm. I was exhausted!! And I was glad to get home and crawl into bed.  We went back on Friday and hung out in the afternoon for a bit. We had cake for Michael... He is 14 years old today!!!  Happy Birthday Michael :)  And my sister went in with me and we got him a Nook Tablet. He seemed really happy with his gift. And that's about it. He has requested his very own broccoli casserole LOL!! So, I told him I would make one today for him. That is my thing.. every Thanksgiving and Christmas I have to bring the broccoli casserole!

Kevin's leaves for Sydney in a week for his interview at the Consulate!!! Oh, I am so excited!! I can't believe how close we are!! We should be speaking with the attorney some time this week.. one last go around with him and make sure we have everything in order. I'm praying he will be home in a couple of weeks!!

Off to church soon. I have a meeting before church about Bailey doing some extra things with church. She is going to join the kids choir and be on the media team. I couldn't be happier that she is getting more involved in church. Now what to do with Michael ...

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

20 comments:

Karon said...

Oh My Susan - fabulous card once again. I love how you make them 3D - fabulous colouring too. Not long now before Kevin's interview - keeping everything crossed and that you will be together soon!!! Hugs, Karon

Unknown said...

Susan, That card is too sweet. It is wonderfully colorful, whimsical and detailed. Whispy has really lovely leg warmers. Clever use of the green pearls in the folded flowers. I noticed how nicely you had done them and it was very kind of you to point us in the right direction for the tutorials.
Thank you for linking up with us at WAW many people will have the opportunity to enjoy this card.
Psalm 103 Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson,
Word Art Wednesday

Crafting Vicky said...

Ohhhhh this is soooo wonderful. I really love how you have combined the digis. That is totally fantastic fairy background!!!!

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is just absolutely adorable. Thank you for joining us at Dilly Beans! I'm sorry, but Wicked Wednesday is an ATC challenge blog, we only accept ATC entries. Please do try again! :)

Unknown said...

Oh how sweet! I love the leg warmers. Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

NickScrapShack said...

This is just so sweet. Love the bright colours, the 3-d feel to the card and the folding of the card fits great.

Thank you for joining Brown Sugar Challenge this week - good luck!

Nick

karalschuknecht said...

Susan, I love this. It is just so cute and colored perfectly.

Robin said...

This is sooooo beautiful! I love all the green (my fave color). Hugs, Robin

Karen Letchworth said...

What a sweet, sweet card! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your talents with us in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. It is absolutely lovely, and I hope you will continue to join in our challenges and share your talents with us!
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

paper fun said...

Your background is lovely with that image. So fairy-like.

Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

Mari

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the forest scene created for the pretty colored fairy. Thanks for entering Pause Dream Enjoy Anything Goes challenge.
Melissa
“Sunshine HoneyBee”
PDE DT Group B

Sassy Raggedy said...

Wow Susan this is a wonderful card. Such pretty colors. joann sassy raggedy

Chantal said...

It's super adorable! Love all the greens! Thank you for joining Dutch Dare Card Challenges this week, but please remind that if you want to be eligible to win the price you can only combine up to 8 challenges...
Chantal

Unknown said...

We'll start with that great card!! The image... she is beautiful and the setting you placed her in... GORGEOUS!! Thanks for the linkage on how to do those flowers. I am always looking for simple accents for my cards and that totally fits the bill!! Thank you!!

OMG!! So excited for Kevin and his upcoming trip!! Oh I will be praying for you both. I hope he can be home for Christmas (or shortly thereafter!!)

Pat said...

Awesome stair step card. Thanks for joining PDE Challenges this week.

Donna Ellis said...

What an absolute cutie, Susan! Such beautiful coloring, amazing layers, and so much dimension. Your fussy-cutting looks amazing!

Deanette said...

Very cute! Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew!

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is just so darling and so creative - love it. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile It On Challenge.

Roxy said...

Wow, I soooooo love this card - both digis you used are just gorgeous, and I love the saying from Peter Pan too!!! Thanks for joining us at Seriously Creative Challenges this month, hugs, Roxy.

BethieJ said...

Such a CUTE card!! Love it!
Thanks for joining us last week at PIO!
Have a GREAT day!