Followers

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Meljen's Challenge - It's A Sketch!

Good morning everyone. I'm am so thankful it is Thursday. I don't know what is going on at work or why I seem extra busy, but I can't get out of work on time and I'm non stop all day. Of course the week didn't start off so great LOL  On Monday one of my Directors needed something done. I worked ALL day on it.. and even into the evening. I worked for 13 hours on it.. only to be told that I had been working on the wrong thing. Ughhh... how frustrating is that!! So, I got up early on Tuesday, got into work and did what she needed done so that it was waiting for her when she got in. Not the best way to start off the week LOL Oh well! I have gotten a lot of things done this week. I can't seem to catch up no matter what I do though. I guess that is good though.. job security!


Okay.. enough of that.. on to our challenge this week. Our Challenge this week at Meljen's Designs is a Sketch Challenge!


I followed the sketch... somewhat LOL I did make some changes.. mostly because my image ended up on a rectangle instead of a circle. Just how it worked out. I did add the extra circle to make up for it :)
 


Let's see... I used mostly cardstock.. the teal and the pink. There is a white patterned paper on the teal.. the strip of it next to the teal strip with the "Season's Greetings" on it. That strip is pattered paper from Little Yellow Bicycle - Once Upon A Christmas. I used some buttons from my stash and ribbon from my stash.. those are no less than 8 years old LOL The circle is made from a folding technique here at Desire's - Doing Life. I didn't fold the edges down.. I wanted to leave it just like this instead this time with the snowflake added. The snowflake is from Snowflake Repeats - Jolee's Boutique. The Season's Greetings stamp is from Paper Smooches. And of course the wonderful image is from Meljen's Designs - Santa's Little Helper. On the hat I used flock but it wasn't enough so I added some Picket Fence - Distress Stickles on it also. I used a little bit of Mustard Seed - Distress Stickles on the bell as well. I popped several pieces of him. I colored the image with Copic and here is a list of colors:
Copic:
Gifts: YG0000, YG11, YG13, V12, V15, V17, RV13, RV14, RV19, Y15, Y18, Y19, BG10, BG13, BG15, B000, B12, B14
Outfit: YG00, YG21, YG23, YG25, R20, R22, R24
Bell: Sanford - Gold Metallic Marker, outlined with .005 Prismacolor Premier Fine Line Black Marker
Skin: R20, E000, E00, E01, E11
Hair: E08, E09
Tongue: R20, R22 and inside R59

Challenges:

I hope you all have a wonderful day / evening today!! I just need to get through today and I'll be home working tomorrow!! Woohoo :)  I'm hoping I can get caught up on some cards this weekend. I need to get some images colored. That is what takes me the longest.. well.. that and my need to cut everything up and make everything dimensional LOL!!

Saturday we are packing up and taking the extra food from Thanksgiving at the church to a local MUST Ministries. Sunday will be a busy day for Bailey at church... she has choir practice at 9 am, a meeting at 10 am and then church at 10:30 am. She wants to come to the sanctuary this week because they are starting their Christmas themed sermons. This week will be "What Child Is This".

There is a blog hop today over at Paper Smooches.. gotta love me some Paper Smooches!!!! Make sure you go check it out!!!


Alright.. time for me to get moving!

31 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

Another gorgeous card! I totally love how you make everything dimensional... but can only imagine how long that must take you. Great details, love the corner punch and the fabulous folded flower!

Exclusively by Mel said...

What a gorgeous and fun card!! Love the design and your wonderful image! thanks so much for joining at Deep Ocean, Love, Mel. xxx

cotnob said...

This is a great Christmas card Susan, I love your fab image and lovely bright colours.
Thank you for joining us at Ooh La La Creations this week.
Pauline
x

Karon said...

Another fabulous amazing card Susan! I love all the details and such a cute image. TFS

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

Unknown said...

Hi Susan so fabulous great colours and such a fun card.

A Fabulous entry to our “USE A DIGI ” Challenge ,and thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy Challenge this week Good Luck Hugs Elaine

Laine said...

Beautifully coloured card Susan. Love the design and detail. Thank you for joining us at Love to Create this week.
Hugs
Laine
X

Karen Letchworth said...

That elf image is just adorable!!! He needs to come over to my house and wrap some gifts, put up my tree, and clean my house...LOL
This card is so bright and fun - I love it. Thanks for sharing this uplifting card with us in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. We're SO glad you've chosen to play along with us, and we look forward to having you join us again soon. Good luck in the random draw, and we will see you again soon (we sure hope). Have a blessed week!
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Unknown said...

Oh how adorable!!! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Unknown said...

So so adorable! The colors, the elf and the 3D effect! Oh this is just so gorgeous. :D

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Well he certainly is a happy little elf! I'm so glad you linked your blog up to the Moxie Fab World Blogroll, Susan. It will be great to stop by and say "hello" from time to time!

craftygranny said...

Wonderful, love how you packed so much into it . It's fab. Thanks for joining us at glitternsparkle hugs trisha x

cotnob said...

I just popped back to say thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at The Crafty Pad this week as well.
Pauline
x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Susan, I like the image the colours and the ribbon.
Kevin xx

Gretchen said...

What a wonderful card I love all the bright colours you have used on your image and card.

Patricia Hays said...

This is really cute and cheery! Thanks for participating in our Gifts challenge at Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenges!

Toni Herron said...

Woooo loving all those super fun colours!!
Your colouring is outstanding!!
And how awesome that you have ben able to enter so many challenges!! Fantastic!
Thanks for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle!
Toni - DT

jane stillman said...

Such a happy fun card, thank you for joining in the challenge over at Glitter n Sparkle, good luck

The Gov. said...

Just too CUTE! Thanks for joining us on the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Fantastic...I love it...joann sassy raggedy

Unknown said...

Your little elf is so very happy frisky and frolicky. It made me smile. Then I noticed the wonderful work that went into the card. Its gorgeous.
Thank you for linking up with us at WAW.
Psalm 103 Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson,
Word Art Wednesday

Adrienne Crist said...

What a fun and colorful card! I love the pink and teal together , I noticed the little dot details too! Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La Creations!
Blessings,
Ad

shaz earl said...

A brilliant creation!

Thank you for sharing at Sparkles Christmas Challenges this time
Good luck in the draw

Shaz x

Alli Devine said...

Gorgeous bright and cheery card Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La creations

Alli x

karalschuknecht said...

Awesome Susan, colored perfectly and such a cute card.

Vick said...

Hey sweetie!!!
I just thought I would pop in and say hi and thanks for playing with us at Love To Create Challenge this week, love your project, hugs, Vick xx

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Awesome colouring Susan. Really sweet image, perfect for a cheery Christmas card.

Thanks for playing along with us.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Mad for Markers DT

Carol said...

So cute, love the image. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this time. Carol DT x

Unknown said...

Such a cute card!! That elf image is adorable. And I love how you always cut and add dimension to your images. Beautiful.

Deanne Saunders said...

What a sweet card!!! Thanks for participating in the PLATYPUS CREEK challenge.
~DEANNE~

Eva Marie said...

So adorable card!
Thanks for playing at DVC
xx

Oscar said...

Gorgeous card, love the sweet little elf so beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight!