Followers

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Purple Aurora Birthday*

Good morning everyone!! I am off until Monday!!  Yippee!!  I'm hoping to go to the movies with Kevin either today or tomorrow. We will see how that works out. Yesterday was a full day of work and I brought some work home as well. I need to finish up a bit today and then put it away until Monday! What I really want to do is color! And I need to do a card with some embroidery on it. That will be a challenge!  Alright.. enough of me :)  On to the card for today:









For this card I've used Aurora Gift from The East Wind. She is colored with Copic Markers and a small amount of layering was done. The flower background was cut using a My Favorite Things die. The inside rectangle is also a My Favorite Thing die and I inked a bit of purple around the edge. I added a bit of purple lace and then the sparkle fiber on top of it. I made a little pompom with the fiber and added the gem on top of it. The ribbon on the gift has some clear Wink of Stella on it.  On the inside I added some additional lace and sparkle fiber.

Copic Markers Used:
  • Dress: C00, C1, C3; V12, V15, V17
  • Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11, E13, R20
  • Ribbons: V12, V15, V17; BG01, BG05, BG07; Y04, Y15, YR24; YG05, YG09; C00, C5
  • Gift: BG01, BG05, BG07; Y0000, Y04, Y15, YR24
  • Eyes: BV31, BV1, BV04
  • Hair: E21, E97, E99, E39, E59
Challenges:



17 comments:

Anjie said...

Really pretty make Susan. Thanks for joining us in our Ribbon and Lace challenge at Digi Choosday
Anjie (DT)

Debby said...

BEAUTIFUL - the image is so cute I love her - and the colours you have used ...lush!! - thank you for joining us in this weeks challenge "use a punch/die" over at Glitter N Sparkle - Good luck x
Debby (DT)

Chrissy said...

BEAutiful colouring Susan and I love the fabulous image and dimension..gorgeous. Have a wonderful time off from work..

luv CHRISSYxx

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card Susan I love the image and the colours and design are wonderful.
Debs xxx
{Debs Cards}


Kelly Lloyd said...

Beautiful card
Thank you for sharing with us a the paper shelter
Hugs Kelly

Chat Noir said...

Hi Susan, I'm so envious of people who colour their work....its not one of my skills. Love your choice of colours and the added dimension of her hands. Thanks for joining in our Birthday challnge. See you back at Opus Gluei soon.

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Susan, a lovely design with a stunning die-cut background and pretty colours......your beautifully coloured image is delightful and fabulous detailw!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create, good luck!!! Amy DT

KarinsArtScrap said...

Susan this is so beautiful and sweet
Thanks for join us at
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

Karin

Jacee said...

How gorgeous, lovely color and what a fab image
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

anncreatief said...

Wouw beautiful i love it, and thanks so much for playing along with us at CC&CC.
Hugs Anneke DT

Pia S said...

This girly design has a soft and delicate feel to it. Love how you did the background and how the flowers of her dress pick up the color of the background.

Bettina L. said...

Wow this is really pretty Susan. Such an awsome colour combo and love the details with the cut out background. Thanks for playing at The East Wind and good luck. Hope to see you back the 1st for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at The East Wind xx

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Gorgeous creation Susan, beautiful coloring as always. Love the layering of the image as well. So glad to see you playing at Digi Choosday's Ribbon and Lace challenge. Hugs!! Audrey DT

Cards by Beckie said...

A cute card. I love that image. Thank you for sharing at Creative Moments. Rebecca x

Cards By MI said...

Very sweet looking card. great layout and die cuts. Thanks for joining us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Rosemary said...

This is a beautiful birthday card and will make whomever receives it feel so special. I can also see that you could switch this up with different colors and patterns and really have even more fun with it. Love that you not only used color but also a lot of great texture that makes it POP! It's clean, colorful, and really happy! Thank you for sharing it with us at Opus Gluei, I love to see the creativity our challenges inspire. I hope that you return for our next challenge as well, will enjoy your take on it.