Followers

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Back To School Fairy*

Happy Wednesday! Two more days and I'm off for the weekend! Yippee! I decided to take Friday and Monday for the holiday and to spend a nice long last weekend with my Father-In-Law before he heads back to Australia. He heads back on Monday. So, I'm off to work soon. I hope everyone has a great day!

Here is my school card for today:










For this card I used a Sweet Pea Image -- Helen Reis's The Book Fairy. I thought she would be a great image for a school card. Also, I have been trying to figure out what image I was going to use to do the August Create and Learn Monthly Colouring Class Challenge at Kit and Clowder. Me... I had to be a bit different LOL I wanted to do a brick wall.. instead of the stone type bricks. And... I wanted to use my markers instead of pencils. So, I used Copic Markers to color the brick wall and the image. I did a bit of layering as well. I also tried really hard to make her wings look transparent. I also added a bit of clear Wink of Stella to add sparkle to her wings as well. All of the papers are from my scrap box. Next year I will have to find some new school papers. I think I'm about through all my scraps from last year LOL  I doodled the sentiment of 'Back To School' as well as the 'ABC123, the chemistry tube and geometry/algebra formulas. Then I added the charm and the twine and buttons. I tried to do all of that in the three primary colors of blue, red and yellow.  I also added some buttons and to the inside as well.

Copic Markers Used:
  • Bricks: E53, E55, E13, E09, E19; under wings: E13, E55, E08
  • Cement Between Bricks: W3, W5, W7
  • Wings: B0000, B01, B02
  • Red Book Binding & Red On Outfit: R22, R24, R29
  • Blue Book Binding, Glasses & Blue On Outfit: B04, B06, B26
  • Yellow Book Binding & Yellow On Outfit: Y11, Y13, Y15, Y19
  • Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11, E13, E35
  • Hair: Y21, YR23, E33, E35
  • Frame: C3, C5, C7, C9
Challenges:



32 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow , Stunning card thank you for entering the cute as a Button challenge Lisa DT x

Margaret said...

Gorgeous card. Love the bright colors. Thanks for joining us at CraftyHazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.
Margaret, DT

JanR said...

Fab card! That charm is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, Thank you for entering the Glitter N Sparkle Blog challenge x DT Lisa x

Darlene said...

OMG how cute is this card!!!! Love the image/design and your extra dimension is perfect! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘SCHOOL TIME’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Jacee said...

Great design Susan, I do love all the images
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Céline said...

really gorgeous
thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
hugs
céline

Sheryl said...

Hi Susan, I love this back to school card. The image is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Natalie and Amy's this month. Hugs Sheryl DT xx

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Sisters of Craft and good luck. Wendy DT x

Francesca Lopez said...

OMG this card is sooo cute!!!! Love the image and the dimension you added to it makes it pop. Thank you for joining us at our Cute As A Button Stamps challenge. I hope to see you again and your beautiful makes. - Francesca, owner

Vickie Y said...

Adorable image and super cute card. Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

sweet art designs said...

Great dimension, and fun embellishments! Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

cass said...

Fun square card. Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish this week for our "Square cards" challenge

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh, this is wonderful, Susan! I like how you have parts of the images popped up! I see lots of buttons and that was our challenge! So glad you linked up with us at Glitter n Sparkle! Wishing you the best of luck in our prize draw!

KT Fit Kitty
Glitter n Sparkle DT

Pat said...

So much I love about this card!! I especially like the metal charm, and your use of bakers' twine. It's perfect for our Anything Goes challenge at your Scrapbook Place!

Anet's Crafting said...

Gorgeous card Susan. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at CCC Digi Creations. We would love to see you again. Anet DT x

Pink Unicorn said...

What a fun card, I love your colours and the gorgeous brick wall behind your little fairy. Thank you for entering the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge, “Anything Goes”. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

Nana said...

Cute and fun card. Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

Cass said...

Gorgeous card. Love the little protractor charm. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge 101 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT - thanks also for entering this into my Patterned Paper September challenge x

Hazel said...

Thanks also for sharing your lovely crafting for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 95 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Unknown said...

Such a lovely card and so beautifully colored! Thank you so much for joining us at TTCRD this week!
Kamila DT

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card so much detail thank you for entering at Glitter N sparkle this week xx DT Sarahjayne xx

Aurora said...

Hello again! This is a gorgeous card! Love the coloured background. You did great there! Thanks you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create. Hugs, Aurora

Thordis said...

Beautiful card, and your coloring is amazing. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week :)

Fikreta said...

Your card is gorgeous !
Thank you for joining us at Cute as a button!
Good Luck and hope to see you again.
Fiki DT member

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Hi Susan - what a stunning card! Love the layered image and the wonderful background. Thanks for playing along at Incy Wincy Designs this week. If only the kids going back to my school could be a cute as this little fairy .....
Helen x (DT)

Deanne Saunders said...

A sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL. challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Gale said...

Fab card Susan. Thank you for joining us at Scrap-Creations in our "Anything Goes Challenge" and we hope to see you again real soon. Hugs, Gale DT

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such a fabulous card!

Thank you for participating in the last {PIN}Spirational Challenge. A new one is about to begin... I hope you'll check it out and play along with it, too!

* Shell B.* said...

Lovely card, great image & design!
Glad you could join us for the challenge at Your ScrapBook Place, hope to see you come back soon!
¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska ~ YSBP~DT ~
http://akstamping.blogspot.com

caroline said...

So cute thanks for joining us at sisters of craft
Caroline dt