Followers

Thursday, June 14, 2012

A long week...

This has been a really long week. I've had to stay late at work twice this week. It has been long 11 and 12+ hour days. Some of that is from home, which is really nice. I have been able to get a lot done this week at work, but the pile of things to do never seems to go down enough. And this is the time of the month that all the bills at work start piling in. At least today is my Friday; sort of. I work from home on Friday, so it makes it nice on Thursday afternoons knowing I don't have to get dressed and drive to work tomorrow. I just have to roll out of bed and begin my day.

The kids have done pretty well this week. I leave a small list of chores to do each day. Day before yesterday I was going to stop and get them their favorite dinner if they had done everything, but they hadn't. They were just working on it they said. So, I told them I wasn't rewarding them for not doing the chores I left. I told them they would have to do better than that. They didn't even finish the list yesterday even though there wasn't much on there. Yesterday I left another list which included the items they hadn't finished. They did a really good job getting everything done. They even hung up all of their clothes! Last night on the way I home I stopped at Michael's to use the 50% off coupon, then onto the grocery store to pick up milk, then I stopped at Archiver's to use the 43% coupon LOL and then finally to Cheeseburger Bobby's for their dinner. They even did a good job last night after dinner. It was Michael's turn to do the dishes. He did them without complaint and without the famous, "I'll do them later". Which really means I will see them still dirty on the counter the next morning. They both brushed their teeth and got their showers. It was a good night!

However, I did not get any pages finished yesterday. I'm working on the pictures we took on one of our trips to Helen, GA. We actually went their twice, but the first time was on the motorcycle and I didn't bring the camera. We drove up the second time and actually walked around. So I am working on those. I have the papers all picked out and I started cutting last night, but that is as far as it goes. I'll work on them tonight and hopefully get a couple of pages finished. Well, hopefully at least one finished. I am anxious to get this album finished and start working with my 12x12 again LOL. I can honestly say I don't enjoy 8.5 x 11. I like all my space. I would love to start doing some challenges and making some cards as well.

We have no plans this weekend. I plan on staying at home, because it seems like forever since I just stayed at home. I could work on the scrapbook and that's about it. That is my plan, so we will see how it turns out. My boss is going to bring her husband over to ride the motorcycle. It hasn't been ridden since March. It will be good to have him come over and just take it out for a spin. It will be kind of strange to have my boss in my home though! Oh well.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday! Now I'm off to look at all the wonderful talent of others.


No comments: