Followers

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ever heard of Geocaching?

Have you ever heard of Geocaching 

Geocaching is a real-world outdoor treasure hunting game. Players try to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, using GPS-enabled devices and then share their experiences online.

It is so much fun and I love to do it with my kids too. Although, Michael isn't so excited to get out there and hunt for a cache as much as Taylor, Bailey or I am. In fact.. it's the men in the family that don't enjoy it LOL.

People place caches all around; they are everywhere, all over the world. I have seen some amazing sites/views while searching for a cache. I started Geocaching with my android phone when Taylor and I first went to North Georgia to visit the University there. It uses a GPS and guides you to the location of the cache, where you in turn have to search for the cache. After you do it for a while you learn different places to look for the cache. Some are really hard to find, others are pretty easy. And the cache can be anything from a small little metal tube to a large plastic container. You sign your name and put the date that you found the cache. In some of the containers you can even take something out and then you put it into a different cache so that it travels. Some of the "Travel Bugs" you can even track online. It is a lot of fun. So it is just an interesting outside activity that I have been able to enjoy with the family.

Yesterday was your average work day. I was able to get one of the Dahlonega pages finished last night. I'm hoping to finish the final Dahlonega page or pages today. For the page I did last night I used a Let's Get Sketch! - Sketch Challenge #16. I'm having to adjust these to the small 8.5 x 11 pages to finish this album. I'm getting so close to the end!


I used more Club Scrap papers.. Love these papers and I couldn't wait to use them. I inked with my favorite black ink stamp, Palette. The jean and metal embellishments came out of the Club Scrap box. I added a little gold glitter to Dahlonega.. since Dahlonega is all about the Gold Rush. This was us standing in front of the Gold Museum sign. I also added some Glimmer Mist - Gold to the page and added the leaf which I have no idea where it came from. I knew I had it though and I searched for quite some time last night! One or two more pages of Dahlonega and I'm finished with that.

Thanks so much for looking! And commenting :)  Makes my day!  Hope you all have a great one today!

14 comments:

Laurie said...

love your take on the sketch and how you used three photos, very nice!! thanks for playing along with us at lgs!

Melissa said...

Awesome title and I love your take on the sketch. Geocaching sounds like fun!

Unknown said...

Have friends that do geocaching but never actually tried it! Its one of the things on my to-do list when I get time!! lol
Great layout! Love the denim and buckle!

Unknown said...

love the denim and buckle, great idea to add extra photos. thanks for joining us at LGS!

Unknown said...

Another great page. Love the denim and buckle on this.

Brenshevia said...

love your take on the sketch, thanks for playing with us at LGS!

Tabitha said...

Oh wow this is too cute! Love those overall straps! Thanks for playing along with Let's Get Sketchy!

whoistracy said...

What a great layout!! I've actually never geocached but my husband has a couple times and loved it.

MiaW said...

Fun layout.

Melinda Garner said...

I Have never heard of Geocaching, sounds fun! I love what you did with this page. I especially like the denim straps! Thank you for joining us this week at LGS!

Krafthead said...

Love the layout! Like the use of the buckle/overall. New follower. Hope you come visit me at krafthead1.blogspot.com

glorygirl said...

Sounds like fun! I keep debating whether to try it myself....you've started to sway me toward giving it a shot. Great page to capture your story of geocaching!

Brenshevia said...

great page, thanks for playing with us at LGS!

mai/titi said...

great page!Love the DENIM!
Thanks for playing along with LGS!