Followers

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Blog About Where You Live

I'm issuing a challenge to all of you. I love learning about different places. Blog about where you live, or just reply. Tell us a little about the place you live and why you are there, why you love it or hate it. I also love getting to know people. And learning about where you live is a good start. You don't have to be specific.

I live in Georgia, USA. I was born in Massachusetts, but I moved to Georgia when I was 5 years old. I don't even remember anything about Massachusetts. I consider myself a Georgia girl. This is where I was raised and all I know. We have always lived in the metro Atlanta area. It is about a 20 to 30 minute drive into Atlanta on a good day. Traffic is just horrendous here. We live pretty close to one of the lakes in Georgia. Lake Allatoona. It's a pretty big lake and there are beaches on many different parts of it, places to rent boats too. We are a good distance from the ocean. With Florida to the south of us you have a good 8 hour drive to the beach there. Savannah I believe is pretty close to a 6 hour drive. The South Carolina coast is the closest I believe at around 4 hours.  We have a beautiful mountain setting to the north of us only about a two hour drive. It can be so beautiful here. It is nice to drive around and see trees everywhere; I love all the green space.

I love the winters in Georgia, but I hate the summers. The summer can get so hot and humid. The winters can get really cold. I can't take off enough clothes to get cool in the summer, but I can bundle up in clothes and blankets and sit in front of the fireplace to get warm in the winter. It wouldn't be so bad here if the humidity wasn't so high. It can take your breath away when you step outside. We can also get some bad storms. Georgia has had its fair share of tornadoes going through it. That is really scary.

I have lived in Georgia almost all of my life. My kids are in the same school district I was in growing up. They are going to the same middle school that I went to; although my kids are really good compared to what I was in middle school. My high school is right down the road too.

I like it here where we are now. It is a nice area that is pretty safe. I would like to go a bit more north once Kevin gets home. We will look for a nice little house with a yard. Hopefully we will find what we are looking for. I believe we want to look in Canton, Georgia. The church that I go to has another campus in Canton too. I'm really happy about that.

It is really funny to listen to Kevin talk about America. He was sure that everyone had a gun and there was crime everywhere. I can't say there isn't crime every where, but it isn't like what he was thinking. Although when you watch the news it makes you wonder. It just seems like everywhere is getting so violent now. It is kind of scary.

Now I need to go around and take some pictures of the area and scrap a page. What a great idea :)

Here is my layout today.. This is at the airport with Kevin when we had to send him home. It was so hard to say goodbye.



I used the Lets Get Sketch! Challenge #17 for this layout. I used K I Memories Wild Thing papers. The roses are from a wooden stamp that I have. I colored them using Copic R20, R22, R27 for the buds and then YG03 and G05 for the leaves. I added some stickles ice to them. The bling is from Want2Scrap. and the flowers from Prima.

One more layout for this album to be complete and ready to send to Kevin to take to the Consulate. I can't believe its almost finished!

Thanks for looking everyone! I hope you have a Wonderful Wednesday!! Woohoo!! Halfway through the week :)



11 comments:

Unknown said...

i hope your man comes home to you soon. meanwhile i love your layout, the colours, the photos, the bling! thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

Annie Collins said...

Susan love your layout. Your roses are so beautiful!!!

Laurie said...

very nice layout, your coloring on the roses is great! thanks for playing along with us at lgs!

Lydia said...

Great page I love the sparkle on the rose, is that an added touch or did it come like that? Either way beautiful!!

Tabitha said...

This is fabulous, love those flowers! Gorgeous lo, very elegant. Thanks for playing along with Let's Get Sketchy!

Unknown said...

Thanks for looking :) And the great comments. I colored the roses and then added Stickles ice to them.. just a little to add a little sparkle. Glad you like them. My second attempt at coloring with Copics :)

Martine said...

beautiful LO! love that you added a photo to the sketch! your stamped and colored roses are beautiful! glad you played along with us at LGS!

Melinda Garner said...

I love your stamped and colored roses! Very nice! Thank you for playing along with us at LGS!!

jenessa said...

Great take on the sketch. Love those roses. Thanks so much for playing along with us at LGS!

Brenshevia said...

too cute, love the colors, thanks for joining us at LGS!

mai/titi said...

so beautiful page!Love the flower and colors!
Thanks for playing along with at LGS!