Followers

Monday, June 18, 2012

Glossy or Matte, Which do you prefer?

I can't believe I woke up this morning to stare Monday in the face once again. Where does the weekend go? It is here and gone in flash. It doesn't even seem to matter if you have an extra day either. Saturday seems to always be full of running around. Church was great on Sunday and then home to scrapbook. That was how the weekend went. It was a pretty relaxed weekend.

Bailey, my 10 year old daughter, decided to make a couple of cards and scrapbook a couple of pages with me this weekend. I had ordered some photos printed on glossy paper. I hit the complete order button before I realized that they were glossy. I don't like glossy prints, I much prefer matte finish. So, I went back and ordered the prints again with a matte finish. I handed the glossy prints over to Bailey yesterday so she would have something to scrapbook. Which do you prefer, glossy or matte?

Here are Bailey's two layouts that she did:



She really did a great job and she had a lot of fun! It looked like a bomb went off in here last night, but we got it all picked up before bed.

I was able to get a few pages done. I still haven't done that card with m flowers, but I'll get it done eventually. I get so focused on getting this album done. I just want to get it finished so I don't have to stress about getting it done in time to send it over to him. I used some sketch challenges and just adjusted them to my 8.5 x 11.

Here is the first page. I was able to get all of the Bed and Breakfast pages finished! This is from a sketch at Sketches in Thyme. It is the #81 sketch. I used Bazzill of course, pattered papers from DaisyD's that I had, Ranger Distress Ink (I believe it was Vintage Photo), my Girlz are Weird Sizzlits and DMC floss for the stitching. And we can't forget my handy dandy favorite ZIG Millenium for my journaling.


This was done using the Lets Get Sketchy! Challenge #8 sketch. It shows the views from the Bed and Breakfast that we stayed in. It is beautiful up there. The Long Mountain Lodge Bed and Breakfast is in Dahlonega, Georgia. I used the same papers, Bazzill, DaisyD's, Ranger Distress Ink, my favorite little banner punch from Epiphany Crafts, some miscellaneous brads I had and my small letter stamps that I have no idea where they come from, and twine from The Twinery.

These photos are from the veranda where we spent the majority of our time. It was beautiful and the storms were rolling in that evening so we just watched them roll in until it was time to head inside. It was a perfect day and night. Just what I had planned, peaceful and relaxing. I used the same paper... bazzill and DaisyD's. inked everything. This was from a sketch from My Creative Sketches - June's Sketch. Distress ink, a doily I had inked a bit with the distress ink and then sprayed with Bronze Glimmer Mist. And of course my Zig Millenium to add a few words to the page.

And the last page from the Bed and Breakfast.. isn't he adorable hehe I love this picture of Kevin.  He's just relaxed on the veranda taking it in. We really had a great time. I don't know how I can miss him any more than I already do, but some how I do each day. For this I used the same.. bazzill, DaisyD's and Distress Ink. I also used Sizzix Flourishes and added a little bit of brown glitter to some areas on the flourishes to add a little bit of detail. I used the June 2012 sketch from Sketch Savvy for this one. It was a fun little challenge trying to adapt the sketches to the smaller pages.

The last page to share with you is our visit to the Georgia Aquarium. I love it there!




I used Bazzill papers and some random glitter patterned paper that I had. The bubbles were just blue bazzill that I added glitter to with one of my favorite things.. Diamond Glaze. I love using that to make my own raised epoxy looking embellishments.  The "G" is hand drawn and cut to look like the Georgia Aquarium symbol and the Georgia Aquarium is handwritten. I cut a couple of waves from the paper and popped them. I added a bit of rhinestones to add more sparkle. Then I did a hand drawn paper piecing of "Deepo". He is the Georgia Aquarium mascot. I inked and chalked him. Outlined him and added a bit of sparkle, popped him and stuck him to the page. I think he turned out pretty cute!

And that is it! I was able to get a lot of pages done this weekend and I'm feeling pretty good about that. Now it is Monday and I have to head to work soon. The internet is playing up this morning for Kevin and I so it makes it really hard to talk and Skype.When the internet gets like this it is hard to run the cameras because the picture is awful or gets stuck. We do the best we can. I pray every single day that the time will go by quickly and we can get him home.

I hope you all have a wonderful start to your week!!!  Happy Monday!!!

7 comments:

Shell said...

Great take on the sketch! Luv how u inked & distressed the doily! Thanx for playing at MCS!

Melissa said...

Your daughter did a great job, I'm so thankful that mine likes to scrap, too! And what a small world - my parents take day trips to Dahlonega, they live not too far from there. Great pics and layouts, I hope your internet starts behaving soon!

Unknown said...

Lots of great layouts!! Your daughter sure has talent, too!! I prefer glossy photos :)

Melissa Vettorel said...

Gorgeous pages!! Thanks for playing along with My Creative sketches.

Corrie said...

Great layouts, I prefer Matte. I will get them redone too, once I switched to matte I can't go back to glossy.

Unknown said...

I prefer matte as well. Love what Bailey did with the pictures. She has got the talent!!

Anne said...

Thank you for playing with us at SIT.
Anne