Followers

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Gay, Black, Overweight? No Judging!

Being gay is a lifestyle that has to be extremely hard. You are judged and ridiculed and hated just for being who you are. People can be so cruel too. There was a young black man that was beaten by a mob of other young men and they did it because he was gay. I don't understand why people can be so cruel.

It is so hard for me to think about racism too. How can there still be people in the Klu Klux Klan? Really? What is wrong with people that they have so much anger. The Klu Klux Klan tried to "Adopt-a-highway" here in Georgia. I think it is wrong to give a group like that any kind of privilege.

I'm overweight, obese is what my doctor would put on my file. I am trying to lose weight, not for other people or because the world tells me to. I am doing it for me so that I will be healthier and feel better. I will tell you this though, people are cruel. They look at you differently, they turn up their nose. I feel sorry for them. They are missing out on knowing someone with a good heart.

My sister is gay. I don't know what kind of things she has gone through in her life, but I'm sure that she has had some difficult times with people judging. It can't be easy for anyone. I really try to live my life by not judging. I'm sure I sometimes fail, but I can't dislike someone because of color, sexual orientation or anything else. And some of my best friends throughout my life have been gay, black, redneck, you name it. I wish more people would stop judging. Think of how peaceful it would be.


Although my sister has had a really hard life and she has been through so much, she has really persevered. She is an amazing person, a successful business woman and a really great friend and aunt.

================================================

I am so close to being finished with my space. I have a couple of handfuls of items to find a place for. I'll finish that today and vacuum the rest of the house. I got a lot done yesterday including completely cleaning out the closet in the kitchen and completely cleaning the kitchen. I had opened a box of instant mashed potatoes and it had bugs. Well, that completely freaked me out so I went through the whole cupboard! I went out and bought containers to start putting everything in. I don't like bugs LOL I'm going to post a few pictures of my space. And today I should be able to start scrapping again! I'm so excited.

This is my desk. Way too many monitors LOL but I use them. The third one is for the laptop when I'm working.

This is the new bookshelf I purchased and all the cloth buckets.

My original bookshelf, just added the buckets and baskets.

Cabinet near my desk. Stamps, stamp pads, cards and more

Closet near the front door that I changed into my very own closet to share with the vacuum. I just bought this over the door shoe organizer. What a fantastic item! All those scissors that I just can't get rid of and no where to put them. This worked perfectly!

Inside the closet I have some bins with ribbon and such and two miscellaneous containers.

I was able to get rid of a lot of things; not as much as I should have. It is a work in progress, I'm a collector and it is hard to part ways with things. I'm sure you can relate! With all my stuff I can really take over the place LOL So, today I will find a place for all the rest of the items and finish the cleanup. I don't have much to go. Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your space! I have been trying to organize my studio for a while now. I can't figure out how I like to keep it! LOL... how do you organize your 12X12 paper?

Unknown said...

LOL Its not really organized! I took them out of the 20+ pizza boxes that I had them in and I put them in my Archiver's bag and colorbok's containers. I'll post a picture. I didn't get rid of all of the pizza boxes either LOL I still have 8 ... I have WAY TOO much paper LOL And I even gave 2 pizza boxes of paper away! I LOVE paper!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Here are the Colorboks things.. I think thats what they are called.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/IcePanthress/Scrapbook%20Space/IMG_0066.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/IcePanthress/Scrapbook%20Space/IMG_0065.jpg

Here is the bag.. It is full of paper:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/IcePanthress/Scrapbook%20Space/IMG_0067.jpg

And finally... the pizza boxes lol That I just can't get rid of :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/IcePanthress/Scrapbook%20Space/IMG_0068.jpg