Followers

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Final Tuesday Throwdown Post.

Good morning and happy Tuesday! At least it isn't Monday! LOL  Today is my final post as the Guest Designer at Tuesday Throwdown. I want to thank Tuesday Throwdown for having me join them this month. It has been loads of fun! I have enjoyed it and appreciate the opportunity!!

Today they are hosting an Anything But A Card or Tag challenge. I had an image from Tiddly Inks that I have been wanting to use so I pulled it out and created a sign for my youngest daughters door. Here is what I came up with:






Sorry about the photos! The ones at an angle took better. I forgot to take photos before I taped it to her door. And its the tape that just doesn't come off LOL  I tried taking photos with no flash and the photos were dark even after I manipulated the camera settings to let in more light. At least you get the idea from an angle without too much glare. So, I started off with the label shape which I used my Cameo Silhouette to cut out of chipboard and then black paper. I glued the black paper and then I took the blue, yellow, pink, green and gold paint and splattered the black paper. I covered the edge of the sign with gold paint pen. The image, For The Birds, was colored with Prismacolor and Gamsol. I printed it twice and popped the paper they were holding. I wrote out BEWARE on those pieces of paper. I added the blue sparkly letters to spell out Bailey's. Those are Thickers. I cut the ROOM out with one of my sizzlits.. Graffiti. The bottom was white and the top black and then I splattered those letters the same as I did the background. I covered the whole thing with a couple of layers of clear glossy Gesso. She loves it, so that makes me happy :)

Challenges:

15 comments:

Cara said...

Susan, thank you very much for your sweet comment on my sea dragon card!
I love this sign you've created! How fun! I bet she loved it! Hi! Welcome to TTCRD Magazine website. If you have any questions, please ask!
Make sure you check out the weekly Anything Goes Challenge too!

Chrissy said...

Fantastic,fun door sign Susan..love the image...so cute with the 'beware'sign..and Bailey's name all sparkly..awesome.

luv CHRISSYxx

Penny said...

Such an adorable sign! Really makes me smile! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Teresa Arsenault said...

Fab project. I bet Bailey loves it.

Tracy said...

I am sure your daughter loves her door sign :)
I love that those cute birds are holding the letters that spell out BEWARE, so cute

Desire Fourie said...

Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

KraftyKoolKat said...

What an awesome creation. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Through the Craft Room Door.

Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

What an awesome creation. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Through the Craft Room Door.

Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxxx

Mojca said...

Waw What a gorgeous creation. Gorgeous sentiment. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

Unknown said...

You have made such a sweet decoration! Love the idea of this and this stamp is adorable. Thank you for joining our 'anything goes' challenge at Crafty Catz and good luck in the draw!
Hugs,
Anna xxx

NanaConnie said...

This is just so terrific, Susan! I love all the sparkle and I know she's going to treasure it. :-D

tilly said...

a very cute door sign, love the cute image and very useful, thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Catz and hope to see you again
Tilly

Cathy P said...

Such a cute door sign. I bet Bailey is thrilled! Thanks for playing with our Anything Goes Challenge at Crafty Sentiments this week. Good luck! Cathy xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What a wonderful sign for your daughter's door, lots of sparkle what girl wouldn't love it! Thanks for joining in at Crafty Sentiments for our Anything Goes Challenge, hugs Susan

Shelly said...

What an awesome sign! Great sparkle and design.

Thank you for sharing with us at Die Cuttin Divas!
Shelly