Followers

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Colorful Colorstock Creations at Meljen's Designs.

Happy Thursday everyone! It has been a busy week at work, a busy week at home and a busy crafting week. I'm so behind on everything it just seems like I barely get everything finished and I can't get caught up. Hopefully I can have some down time this weekend to get ahead or at least on track.

Monday is the first day of school! I can't believe it, although I think three months out of school is a bit long. A bit long for the kids to be sitting in their rooms at home. I'm glad they are heading back. Bailey tries out for the Junior Volleyball team on Sunday late afternoon. Michael is going tubing with the church youth group on Sunday and they both went bowling last night with the church youth group. It has been busy the last month or so!

And work... well... work is not a happy place. Everyone is on edge and unhappy and stressed. We have a VP that holds the managers jobs over there heads all the time. He runs them down in front of their colleagues. It is just a bad atmosphere right now. You can see the managers are just worn down and miserable. You can see it on their face and in their attitudes. It really makes for a bad atmosphere at work. Morale is way down in this office. It is sad.

Okay.. enough of my stuff LOL On to the fun stuff!  Today is a new challenge at Meljen's Designs. We are on Challenge #221 and the challenge is Colorful Cardstock.











I decided I wanted to make a cute little 4 set of Twinchies. So, they are 2 inches square, all summer timed themed, all made with scrap cardstock. I used several different images to create this cute little set. I used: Yummy Popsicle, Shaken Not Stirred, Summer Time Sandals and Summer Sun. I colored these all with my Copic markers and decoupaged just a bit of each. On the Yummy Popsicle I layered the orange and green cardstock and added hand drawn stitching with my white pen. I also did the same on the inside. I popped the orange Popsicle above the stick as well. For Shaken Not Stirred, I used light blue and green cardstock. I layered the glass the umbrella, the straw and the charm and I added Diamond Glaze to the glass to give it that shine of glass.  I added the threaded twine on the side and then on the opposite side I added the row of green gems.  For the inside I layered the cardstock and added a strip of twine to match the front. For the third card, Summer Time Sandals, I layered the top sandal and then the strap and flowers. I added a little bit of stickles to center of the flowers. I doodled around the edge of the card, added two additional flowers and a little bit of puff paint in the corners. I also added the red puff paint to the inside.The blue layer on the outside and the red layer on the inside also have a bit of distressing to their edges. For the final card using Summer Sun, I popped the center of the sun and then the glasses. I added a little bit of Diamond Glaze to the glass of the sunglasses and then I added the twine bow at the bottom. I distressed the outside yellow layer and the inside pink layer on this card. I also added a strip of matching twine to the inside of this card. There are no sentiments on these. I thought it would be a cute summer set that you could write anything on. So there you have it :)  That is what I came up with for my contribution to the Colorful Cardstock creations! I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Copic Markers Used:
  • .
Challenges:


26 comments:

Michelle said...

These are wonderful Susan. So vibrant and colourful. Three months is a long time. We have six weeks here for our kids and ours has just begun. Hope you get caught up on everything - Michelle x

Desire Fourie said...

Susan this is such a vibrantly colourful little set of cards. All so cheery and summery.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Cynthia said...

This set of note cards is over the top fantastic, Susan! Love the summer colors and images you've used.

Hope your work situation gets resolved soon. I have also been VERY busy and keep hoping things will slow down soon!

Margaret said...

I LOVE the bright summery colors on your twinchies!! These are fantastic and I can't help but think about how amazing they would look as journaling flaps on a scrapbook page! Thanks so much for joining my challenge at Anything But a Card!
BTW-We are heading back to school as well, but I dream of a 3 month vacation!

Migdalia said...

They are all ADORABLE!Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Jane Savage said...

How fabulous are these!!! Gorgeous juicy colours and wonderful images! Impossible to pick a favourite!
Thank you for joining us at Delightful Challenges. Jane xx

Basslady said...

an amazing collection of cards!

thank you so much for playing along with us at ruby's rainbow challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
Mags
x

Unknown said...

These are so cute. Love the images and the summer theme. Especially love the flip flop image. Thanks for playing along at the Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog. Shannon DT

Michelle said...

I love this set! Your coloring is fabulous and the handstitching is awesome. Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

Penny said...

They're all darling, Susan! Love the colors, the layers, fun images, and coloring! :^)
Hugs, Penny
Hope things get better at work soon!

Teresa Arsenault said...

A funtastic batch of happy cards.

Dee's Craft Room said...

Great set of twinchie cards, I love the bright colours and the fab images. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

mulberry station said...

Oh my goodness, these a just adorable! Thanks for sharing your fun collection of cards with us at Catch The Bug.
Nancy

Céline said...

fun little cards, love the bright colors
thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
hugs
céline

Rainey's Craft Room said...

These are fabulous, bright , little cards, what a fun idea. Love the images and your colouring.
Lorraine

Unknown said...

What pretty bright little cards! Love the images you have used and you have colored them beautifully! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!
Tina DT

Jac’s Playground said...

Oh wow these are just adorable, love the fun images and bright colours, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

Unknown said...

It is amazing to see such beautiful work on a 2 inch square. You are amazing. I am sorry abut your workplace, sad indeed. Thank you for sharing your wonderful art with us today.
Blessings, Carole, Word Art Wednesday

Desire Fourie said...

Back with my DT hat on:
Such a wonderful creation with great attention to detail. Love the colours and embellishments. All the elements work so well together. It is perfect for our eleventh ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Art by Miran Showcase DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Chris (catt871) said...

What great cards! I love the fun images and the bright colours are brilliant for summer cards!!! THANKS so much for joining us at LOVE TO CREATE Challenge blog this week!!! Good luck!
Hugs,
Chris

Anne Fenton said...

Wow what an amazing group of cards, love te bright cheery colors .. thank you for joinng TTCRD this week.

Mrs Beez said...

WOW! These are amazing, love them. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Nanna said...

Wow a beautiful creation! Thank you for joining us this week at Creative Fingers Challenge

Tiina

Unknown said...

Awesome set of FUN Summer cards! Thank you for joining our "Summer Lovin" Challenge this week at Love to Create.
Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Paper Panda said...

Fab cards! So much fun! Thanks for sharing with us as Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.
Mandy x (PPCC DT)