Yesterday I also worked on the Open-Minded Crafting Fun Blog. I made a HUGE error! Yep... my bad!! Ooops!! I was cleaning up the blog getting ready for our new start at the beginning of the year. We are going to switch over to a monthly challenge and our first challenge will be on January 10th. Well ... as I was cleaning up I managed to delete ALL of the posts on the blog! I was trying to clean up the first year and part of last year, but nope... I deleted them all!! I couldn't believe it! Thankfully I had already saved the Design Team favorites.. but my gosh!! What the heck did I do! Well, my BIG mistake! And I'm so sorry to everyone for that, but it is done and I can't fix it now. I should have waited to clean up. But there is a lot to do and I wanted to go ahead and do what I could :) I hope everyone will join in on the Monthly Challenges once they start up!! We will still have the DT Favorites as well. Alright.. time to move on to my creation for today :) This is a box I recycled and recreated!
Let's take a look at my box.. this is before I altered it:
It started out as a Samsung Box from the last phone we updated - Mine! I love my Samsungs! Kevin gave it to me and said I should decorate it. I have to admit, he was definitely correct. This is a great box! It just needed to be updated a bit. And here it is altered into something new:
For this box I started with the image, Hipster Girl in Snow, from SLS Lines Digital Stamps. I just adore this girl! I colored her with Copic Markers and then I layered her several layers. I added some glitter to her cuffs and hat to give it that furry look. I also added some Snow Marker to make the snowflakes falling. I took the box and cut paper to go on the box. I did green for the bottom and orange for the top. Then I did three layers of Matte Finish Gesso over the paper. I added the white snowflace corners and the snowflake borders on the sides. I added some gems to add some sparkle and I created the saying to go next to the girl. And I think that is it!
Copic Markers Used:
- Outfit Orange: YR04, YR09, R89
- Outfit Green: YG11, YG13, YG17
- Black Shoes: W3, W5, W7, W9
- Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11, E13
- Eyes: Y00, Y18, Y26
- Lips and Hat Ears: R20, R22, R24
- Snowball: B0000, B000
- Hair: E33, E35, E37
- Challenge #273: Anything Goes (3/3) @ Craft Your Passion Challenges.
- Challenge #23: Anything Goes (4) @ Not Just Cards Challenge Blog.
- Challenge #117: Anything Goes (4) @ The Cheerful Stamp Pad.
- Challenge #148: Anything Goes (1/3) @ Glitter n Sparkle Challenge Blog*
- Challenge #44: Anything Goes @ Creative Craft Cottage.
- Week #322: Pearls and Gems (2/3) @ Allsorts.
- July/August: Die Cuts (1/3) @ Oddball Art Stamp Co. by Lizzy Love.
- August: Anything Goes (2) @ 2 Creative Chicks.
- August: Anything Goes @ Altered Eclectics.
- August Challenge #41: Dies and/or Punches (1/3) @ Paper Creators Crafts.
- August: Anything Goes (1/3) @ Sisters of Craft.
- Anything Goes (2/3) @ Clear It Out Challenge Blog.
- Challenge #8: Anything Goes (1/1) @ Doodle Pantry LLC Challenge Blog.
- Anything Goes (2/5) @ Papertake Weekly Challenges.
- Challenge #93: Sparkle (glitter and gems) (1/3) @ Creative Card Crew.
- Challenge #74: Anything Goes w/Optional Twist of Summer Sun (1/3) @ Creative Moments.
- Challenge #45: Anything Goes (1) @ Inspiration Destination.
- Challenge #195: Anything Goes (1/5) @ Word Art Wednesday.
- Snow In Summertime (1/3) @ Moving Along With The Times.
- DTBST #293: I Want To ... Anything Goes (1/1) @ Sassy Studio Designs.
- August Challenge #37: Anything Goes (1/2) @ V's Sweet Ideas.
- August Challenge #6: Anything Goes (1/3) @ Crafting With An Attitude.