Followers

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Whiff Of Joy - Henry Sparrow!.

Good morning!! Today I am sharing my 2nd post for Whiff of Joy for January!!  Today I have used Henry Sparrow! I love him!! Be sure you visit the Whiff of Joy shop!! There are some excellent digital images there!! And stay tuned for the new release in February :)

Here he is!! Isn't he cute! So, I colored the image with my Copic Markers. I added some twine and the metal rings. And.. Okay.. I'm kind of ridiculous like this LOL, but I wanted it to be truly nautical.. so I went and learned how to tie a nautical knot and tied that to each of the metal rings. LOL I know.. I'm special sometimes o.0  LOL!!  I added the cheesecloth behind the die cut image. I dyed it with one of my sprays. The edges of the kraft paper are torn and inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and sprayed with a little bit of brown ink. I also added a bit of ink on the inside of the kraft paper to add that dirty/old look. I added the sewing around the edge on the inside and out. I also added some Aged Marine  and Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel around the edges of the die cut image. I added the compass charm and I filled up the little bottle with sand and a rolled up piece of paper. The "Thanks Matey!" sentiment was hand drawn by me. I also added the sticker on the inside to add a little bit to it. I think that it is.. other than the image is decoupaged.. of course :)  It was really hard to get good photos of the dimension on it. The bottom of the boat is flush and I popped the upper part of it to give it an actual boat dimension. I also popped the one edge of the flag to make it look like it is flying... the hands around the pole and the closer foot and the waves are layered as well. I wish the pictures would have come out better for the dimension, but that is as good as I could get it. I hope you enjoy!!

Copic:
  • Black - C00, C1, C3, C5, C7, C9
  • Boat - E21, E23, E25, E29
  • Henry - R00, R11, E50, E51, E53, E13, E15, E18
  • Water - B0000, B12, B93, B97, B99
  • Pole - C1, C5
  • Red - R22, R24, R27
Challenges:




31 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is so fun and beautifully designed and coloured. Love the sailors theme.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

marion said...

Love it, Henry Sparrow is the cutest pirate ever, lots of hugs, Marion

KandA said...

Fabulous card. Love that fun image and super design. Thanks for joining us at the PCJ challenge xx

Sandy Palmer said...

Love everything about this card! Wonderful job on it! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

Andrea W said...

Terrific details and I love all the dimension on your card! I'm so glad you shared your creation at Savvy Handmade Cards.

Unknown said...

Oh my word, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the dimension so much.

Unknown said...

OMG!!! He is the cutest little guy ever!! Awesome as usual.

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Susan how cute is this card love the wee guy he is so sweet. Beautiful, stunning creation. Love Alison xxx

Amber Milone said...

Awesome card! I love your coloring and all of the little details are great! Thanks for joining us over at the Craft- Room challenge blog.

Nicola Jayne Saul said...

Such a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Musketeers, Nicola X

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your delightful card for Crafting Musketeers 'grunge' challenge, Hazel, DT Crafting Musketeers x

Lena said...

Love this card!
I have a weakness for pirate "theme" .. wonderful coloring!
Thank you for participating in The Paper Shelter Challenge this week!
Good Luck!

Hug Lena

Ciska said...

Awww, Henry is just too cute! Your colouring is fab too. Thank you for playing along with us @ Ooh La La :)

Karen Amidon said...

Susan, this is absolutely stunning! Wonderful details. Henry is adorable!

Ghost_Writer said...

aww this is so beautiful... love the 3d effect.. thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog..

hridya
http://quillthrill.blogspot.com

Jeanette said...

Love this!
Hugs Jeanette xxo

Chris said...

It's lovely! Such a cute little pirate! Great colouring, fab design and details! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Michelle J M said...

Oh this is so sweet! Gorgeous card for a boy, so beautifully coloured and decoupaged. Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La. Michelle x

mags said...

This is super. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting Musketeers and good luck.
Mags
x

Mema's Crafts said...

You did a stunning job with this card. The attention to detail and tying the knot..how special is that. I really like this card inside and out. Thanks for playing with us at Mema's Crafts. Good Luck.

Cathy P said...

Darling card! Love your coloring. Thanks for linking up with us this week at the Sister Act Card Challenge.
Cathy xx

Merkkari said...

Good heavens! Your card is superb! I love the coloring and the 3d.. Wow! Thank you for joining in The Paper Shelter Challenge this week! Hugs, Merkkari

Lau W said...

So beautiful card, superb colouring !
Thanks for your participation at the Paper Creator challenge !
xx

Wendy said...

Fabulous male card, so cute...Thanks for playing along with us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Wendy xx

Karen Day said...

Oh my, this card is SO sweet! And perfect for our Trips Ahoy! challenge this week at Art Impressions - thanks for joining us!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card, Susan! Love how you've created the whole nautical theme with the cute little guy taking centre stage! Brilliant!
Thank you for joining us at Scribble & Scrap and Good Luck xx

Alyx said...

This is so gorgeous! Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck. xx

Unknown said...

Adorable card! I love all the dimension and texture! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

Crafting Vicky said...

That card is just totally stunning! There's no other words to describe it! I showed it to my daughter... and she too thinks you are so incredibly talented!!! Love love love it!

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Craftitude challenge. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky

Samantha Ball - aka (Craftychick74) said...

Awesome, stunning card

Thanks for playing at The Squirrel and the fox this fortnight.

Happy Crafting
Sam

Bonnie Irvine said...

Not crazy...that's something I would do...researching how to tie the knots correctly. It's all of those fabulous little details that make this such a wonderful card. Each time I look I see something else that makes me smile. Again, thanks for joining our Anything Goes/I see Fluffy challenge this fortnight at Craftitude Challenges. You are 3 for 3 in my books :)