Bailey has been out this weekend at a Church Camp. She will be coming home tomorrow. And then it is back to work and school for everyone! Taylor has her other eye surgery on Tuesday. Bailey has Goalie practice on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday early morning. Then she has practice after school each day as well.
Okay... onto my card. I had a friend at work place a custom order with me for two Chinese New Year cards. One was for her best friend and the other was for her bet friends little girl. So, I wanted to make a nice, more elegant card for her friend, which I will post today. Then for the other I wanted to make something that was more for a child. I will try to post that tomorrow.
Here is the first card:
So, I wanted to try to go for something a bit elegant and adult. I inked the background with distress ink on the inside and the outside. I used a lot of glitter markers along the black and opaque white markers for the white and the sparkles. I used Copic Markers to color the lanterns and the flowers. I di pop the flowers, the leaves, the flowers to give the card a bit of dimension. The little monkeys I also popped for dimension. I added a few gems/rhinestones to add a bit more sparkle to it. I also added some gems/rhinestones to the inside as well. I was able to use scraps on both of these cards that I made for her too! And this was created for her best friend. I really hope she likes it!
Copic Markers Used:
- Yellow Lanterns and Flowers: Y11, Y15, YR23
- Green Lantern: G12, G14, G16
- Monkey: E30, E31, E33, E35, E37
- Red Lantern and Roses: $20, R22, R24, R29
- Blue Lantern: B21, B24, B29
- Leaves: YG11, YG13, YG17
- Challenge #297: Anything Goes (2/3) @ Craft Your Passion Challenges
- Challenge #178: Add Some Sparkle (1/3) @ Eureka Stamps
- Anything Goes (1/3) @ Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge Blog
- Challenge #105: Anything Goes (1/3) @ Creative Card Crew
- Retarte69: Anything Goes (1) @ Stamp Art Papel Retarte
- February 2nd-8th (1/2) @ Through The Craft Room Door
- Challenge #71: Anything Goes (1) @ Inspiration Destination
- Challenge #263: Anything Goes (1/3) @ Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog
- Challenge #234: Fancy (1/3) @ The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog
- Challenge #13: Anything Goes (2/3) @ Crafty Girls Creations
- Add A Sentiment (1/2) @ The Outlawz Twisted Thursday
- Challenge #13: Anything Goes (1/3) @ Crafting With Friends
- Challenge #22: Anything Goes (1/3) @ Simply Paper Craft Challenges
- Week #349: Clean And Simple (1/3) @ Allsorts
- February Anything Goes (1/3) @ Catch The Bug Challenge Blog
- Challenge #42: Anything Goes (1/3) @ CCC Digi Creations
- Linky Party 3: Anything Goes w/Something Colored w/Optional Hearts (1) @ Ellibelle's Creative Moments
- Challenge #119: Anything Goes (1) @ Addicted To Stamps Challenge
- Challenge #24: Animal/Birds (1/3) @ Crafty Friends Challenge Blog
- Anything Goes (1/3) @ That Craft Place Ltd Challenge Blog
- Challenge #13: Anything Goes (1) @ A Bit More Time To Craft
- Challenge #8: Anything Goes (1/3) @ Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog
- Challenge #86: Anything Goes w/Optional Twist of Romance/Love (1/3) @ Creative Moments
- Challenge #219: Anything Goes (1/5) @ Word Art Wednesday
- Challenge #51: Anything Goes (1/3) @ Art By Miran Challenge Blog
- Challenge #102: Anything Goes (1/3) @ Creative Fingers Challenge Blog
- February: Anything Goes (1/3) @ Crafting By Designs
- February Challenge #12: Anything Goes (1/3) @ Crafting With An Attitude
- February Challenge #2: Anything Goes (1) @ Leinzlove Tear Bears Challenge Blog
- February: Anything Goes (1/3) @ Your Scrapbook Place
- February Showcase #7: Anything Goes (1) @ 2 Creative Chicks
This is absolutely gorgeous Susan! I really loving all the details. I'm the year of the monkey so this card is very extra special to see. Thanks for sharing.
So beautiful and amazing card.
Thank you for joining us at Retarte#69
Maria Pilar (Stampartpapel DT)
Beautiful cards, Susan! Your friend will be very happy!
Very beautiful! I love it!!
Gorgeous card, the color and the details are great. You succeeded in making an elegant card with a little bit of fun for the year of the monkey. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends.
Wow! That background looks awesome. And I really like the dimension added to your card with the popped up lanterns. Great job!
thanks for playing with us at addicted to stamps
Wow, this is really spectacular..your design and use of color is breathtaking!
Beautiful card. Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks
Have a creative day.
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
♥ Paper & Stitches ♥
Great card with lovely colours. Thank you very much for joining our challenge at Creative Card Crew.
What a cute card!! Thanks so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper
stunning wonderful eye catching card. love your colouring and blending and layout and ohhhh everything.
This card is so beautiful! WOW!!!! Thanks for linking up with us at leinzlovetearbearschallenge.blogspot.com. ANYTHING GOES
What a lovely card. The colors and the details are beautiful. Thanks for playing with us at Crafting with an Attitude :) xx Mari
Clever! Love it! So glad you came Through ‘The Craft Room Door’ to play! Can't wait to see more of your talent!
This is gorgeous!! Loving the pretty colors and so beautifully designed.
Thank you so much for playing along in my Let's Color Linky party, hope to see you there again soon!
Gorgeous!! Love everything about your card. The dimensional images are wonderful. Love the background. Thanks for joining us at Twisted Thursday.
WOW this is stunning!!
Very pretty and I love the 3d effect. Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight. Lisa DT CCC Digi Creations
Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Fabulous card for the Chinese New Year.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'CAS' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x
Thanks so much for entering your lovely card into our 'Anything Goes' challenge at Bugaboo Stamps' Catch the Bug Blog. Good luck in the draw, and please join us again soon.
Thank you for joining us for the challenge over on the That Craft Place Challenge Blog..
TCP Design Team.
That Craft Place Challenge Blog
That Craft Place on Facebook
Beautiful card love the dimensional lanterns and monkeys and great distressed background--Thank you for joining us at CCC Digi Creations
Carol DT x
This is just fabulous! All the little details and your layered images are wonderful!:)
Thanks for sharing it over at 2 Creative Chicks!
Pretty background and I love the 3-d stamped images.
Thank you for playing along with us at ArtByMiran! Good luck!
Super cute card!! Love how you popped up the monkeys! Thanks for linking up with us at leinzlovetearbearschallenge.blogspot.com. ANYTHING GOES
Post a Comment