Followers

Friday, September 26, 2014

On The Darker Side at Delicious Doodles.

Good morning! Happy Friday!! So glad it is almost the weekend!! Woot!!!  I'm really looking forward to crafting this weekend!! Bailey has her 2nd Lacrosse game tomorrow morning... I think it starts at 8 am; she has to be there at 7:15 am. I laughed at her.. she doesn't get up early... for me.. thats late!! LOL I'm an early bird! That is because I'm at work at 6 am! I like to miss the traffic.. its fantastic coming in early and going home at 3 pm! I miss the traffic both ways!!

Today we are beginning Challenge #107 which is On The Darker Side over at Delicious Doodles. Since I am trying to work on Christmas cards every chance I get :)  I did another Creepy Christmas Card! LOL  Merry Creepmas.. here it is:








For this card I used Creepmas Centerpiece which you can find at the Delicious Doodles Shop. I did a bit of decoupage on this image. the candle, the fingers and one of the berry skulls on the holly LOL I colored the image with my Copic Markers. I added two holly swirls from Cheery Lynn. The image was cut with a Spellbinders die. The frame was cut with the Cameo and the negative from that cut was used on the inside. I did one line of stitching down the image and around the edge of the frame. Last but not least I did some doodling around the image as well. I did add a bit of distressing on the black patterned paper inside and out.

Copic Markers Used:
  • Bones: E40, E41
  • Holly Leaves: G94, G99
  • Flame: YR00, YR02, YR09
  • Candle: R22, R25, R35, R46
Challenges:


15 comments:

Angela said...

Susan, your card is so AWESOME-ly CREEPY! I can feel the dead fingers reaching out to me. I love halloween cards. Thank you for fussy cutting with us at AAA Cards and for your sweet comments!

Angela said...

Oops, I mean a nightmare before Christmas card! Even better!

Julia said...

Great colors on this card. Thanks for joining in at AAA.

Pia S said...

Not very traditional, but fun and youthful! Great stitching and doodling!

Unknown said...

I would love to receive a Christmas card like this! Too fun!

Dee's Craft Room said...

I had trouble deciding if this was a Christmas or Halloween card, lol. Wonderful design and I love the negative of the mistletoe and holly.

Thank you for joining in with all the fun at Crafty Boots Anniversary Challenge.

Dionne

Karen C said...

LOVE IT!! Thanks for playing with us this week at Incy Wincy’s ‘Anything Goes’ challenge! What a great creation!! Hope to see your work in our next challenge!
Hugs,
Karen C

JMC Creates said...

Love love love it the colouring is awesome Jacqui DT Sister Act

DonnaMundinger said...

FAbulous Creepmas card, Susan! LOVE that image in particular and your design ROCKS. Thanks so much for sharing with HDH. xxD

Aunty Sue said...

awesome Christmas card and thanks for sharing with us at crafty sentiments

valou250809 said...

Very beautiful card! so original! thanks for playing with "Crafty Sentiments Challenges"! Good luck! xx

Daria said...

Very nice card, I like it when it's original! Nice coloring too and I like the inside a lot! Thank you for joining the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge "Make a Card". Hope to see you again! Good luck!

Daria

Fiona (anubis 1 ) said...

Fabulous Card Susan and Great Image. Thanks for playing with us in the Dungeon at HDH.

Mandy said...

Fabulous card Susan, great image and so beautifully coloured.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Monique's art said...

love creepy cards thanks for playing at HDH