Followers

Monday, September 15, 2014

Feeling The Fall at The East Wind.

Good morning everyone! Can you believe the weekend is over??  UGghhhh  .. It goes by way too quickly!! Time for work again *cry* I would love a nice long vacation! LOL  What did you guys do this weekend?  Kevin and I rode the bikes down to see my sister in Atlanta Friday evening. She had to have surgery on her shoulder/arm to repair a break that she has had for 11 months and it never healed. She kept telling the doctor something wasn't right; she finally went and got a second opinion and that is how the surgery came about. Other than that.. we watched motorsports. We had the MotoGP motorcycle race yesterday morning and then we watched the 1st Aussie V8 Enduro race this year and then Nascar. Full day of motorsports LOL That was it! Okay.. enough of me :)

We are on our mid month challenge at The East Wind. Our theme for Challenge #15 is Feel The Fall. I can't wait until Fall and Winter! I LOVE the colder weather.. I hate the heat! LOL  So here is what I came up for this challenge:








I used Lucy Loo Morning Coffee which you can find at The East Wind Shop. Okay... I know the eyes are really distracting LOL  They are such a light green. I just LOVE green eyes! And hey.. they match the paper and the stitching LOL!!  When I chose Lucy Loo Morning Coffee I was just thinking what a more perfect way to show fall than to be sipping some coffee or hot chocolate! Not to mention I LOVE Lucy Loo LOL!!  The card cut was done with the Cameo.. I LOVED this card with the fall leaves edge. The papers are all scraps from my Fall papers last year. The sentiment is stamped and the label was also cut from the Cameo. I added the two black pearls on the sides. I used several different stamps for this one. I used the little acorn and the coffee beans along with that sentiment.I inked all around her with brown and I distressed the edges of the paper. I did add the stitching around the edge with a light green thread to match the green in the paper.. and her eyes of course! LOL She is all colored up with my Copic markers and decoupaged a bit. I popped her legs, that front arm and coffee mug and her head. I try to get photos of my decoupage.. sometimes it just doesn't turn out that great. I used the same papers on the inside and inked the top paper like I did around Lucy Loo. I added the bean stamp on the inside as well to get it all matching! And I think that is it!

Copic Markers Used:
  • Skin: E000, E00, E02, E11, E13
  • Pants, Head Band, Bow: YR00, YR02, YR04, YR07, YR09, E18
  • Uggs: E95, E97, E99
  • Hair: E41, E43, E33, E25, E27
  • Eyes: YG01, YG05, YG09
  • Coffee/Hot Chocolate: E71, E74, E79, E40, E41, E42
  • Steam: E40, E41, E42
  • Shirt and Sock:C00, C1, C3, C5, C7, C9
  • Lips: R20, R22, R24
Challenges:

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning, great design and your layers are fabulous xx good luck xx Thank you for joining us at http://thestampingchef.com/Challenges/
Sandie (The Stamping Chef DT)
http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

Cindy said...

She looks fabulous! Love all the distressed layers, too. Thanks for joining us at SBC this time. Cindy-DT

Papercrafting Princess said...

Awesomeness...Love the distressing and 3D! Thanks for joining us in our September Color Challenge at Mema's Crafts. - Princess DT Member

Teresa said...

Such a beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Fingers this week, good luck and hope to see you again xx

NanaConnie said...

I love her eyes, Susan! I think they just make the whole card. :-D Great coloring on that darling image.

Wendy L said...

Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Ladybug Crafts this month, xxxx

shampylou30 said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at creative moments challenge xxxxx

Katya said...

Nice work Susan! Love your coloring especially that hair! I love those super fine strikes. Awesome way to color up this image and I love the papers and layers are the bomb! I'm not a coffee drinker but I sure do want some hot cocoa with marshmallows now. heehee. TFS. Thank you for joining us this week at The Stamping Chef Anything Goes Challenge. :)

Katya Bess
TSC DT
www.kattyxotica.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Beautiful card inside and out Susan. Lovely colours and great stitching - thank you for joining us this week at Penny's Paper-Crafty and good luck - Michelle x

Caz said...

This is lovely, thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty. And good luck.

Caz xx PPC DT

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Susan: Your card is sooooo cute! Thank you for joining in the fun at Simply Create Too's "Fall Challenge #70. PS Everyone is having Fall weather except Alabama--still very WARM here--can hardly wait for cooler weather.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

DIANA L. said...

I love it those emerald green eyes are amazing, but the distressing of the card is super
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #140 “Fall” challenge, Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com



Jackie said...

wow.. fabby colouring.. great card. Thank you for joining us at ArtByMiran this time. hugs J x DT

Vannessa said...

This is such a stunning card and I totally love your colouring! Can't wait to join in this challenge this weekend! Thank you so much for joining in the Stamping Chef Challenge this time.

Hugs, Vannessa
TSC DT

Andreja said...

WoW, what a FAB card you made :-)) Your colourind is fantastic!
Thank you so much for joining us at Milk Coffee!

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Gorgeous Card.
Thank you for joining in at Scrapbook Blessings Club and best of luck with your entry.
Annette

creative lady said...

Love the three D look and love your coloring. Her green lashes are just beautiful. Thanks for joining Mema's Crafts Fall challenge.

Isobel said...

Great card thanks for sharing at crafts galore encore, good luck x

Rosmarie said...

Your card is wonderful Susan! -- love the image and the colors you've chosen! It really gives me autumn-feeling! --- oh, the eyes fit very well with the skull on the shirt/coffee/steam......!
Thanks so much for joining us at Simply Create Too.
Rosi x

Dina said...

wunderschön danke für deiner Teilnahme bei stampavie and more

Unknown said...

Great design and a fab image. Love those DP's. Thank's for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Make A Card Challenge #9 and Good Luck!