Followers

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Going Green at The East Wind.

Good morning everyone! And a very happy Saturday and a very happy 1st of November!  1st of November!!!!  Can you believe it!! I'm in shock!! This year seems to have flown by. And I should have had a bunch of Christmas shopping done already, but I don't have much of anything!

Alright... on to the new Challenge at The East Wind! We are on Challenge #18 and it is the first of the month. That means that we have our Freebie Challenge! If you haven't joined us at The East Wind, be sure you do!! And November's freebie is another AMAZING beauty from Kyra... Aurora Go Green! And what do we mean by Go Green?  Well... you can use green on your project.. or you can recycle something... Or Both! LOL











I went with a Tri-Shutter Card for Aurora. I love creating these cards. All of the papers are scraps. I added a bit of green on her and a bit of green paper. She is all colored with Copic Markers. The two snowflakes are actually wood accents and they are loaded up with some gold glitter. I added gold and maroon-ish dew drops. The swirls are from a Memory Box die. My two recycled items are the photo slide frame in the center and the bottle cap towards the back. I added a wrap of black wire and a gold bell onto the photo slide frame. I pounded the bottle cap to flatten it and it gives it such a great design I think. Then I painted it with some gold paint. I put a circle "Merry Christmas" sentiment into the bottlecap and filled it with Diamond Glaze. The poinsettia was cut with my Cameo and layered. I added two sizes of pearls to the center to finish that off. I did do a little bit of decoupage on Aurora. I popped part of her hat, the front of her scarf, the front of her dress and the basket. I also used my Prismacolor Premier Fine Line Black Marker to add some detailing and shading to Aurora and I used some Copic Opaque White to add some detailing as well! :)  Hope you like it!! I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Copic Markers Used:
  • Cape, Green on Scarf: YG11, YG13, YG17
  • Gloves and Dress: B0000, B000, B00, B01, B02
  • Scarf and Hat: V000, V12, V15, V17
  • Hair: Y21, Y26, YR24, E25, E29
  • Shoes: E21, E23, E25, E29
  • Basket: E31, E33, E34, E35, E37
  • Skin: R11, E000, E00, E01, E11, E13
Challenges:


31 comments:

Lizzy Smith said...

OH I love it! I love the tri-shutter cards and your embellishment of it is wonderful! That flower is gorgeous and I love that bottle cap. Your color job is stunning and its so fun that you popped some of it up. There is a lot of attention to detail here. I saw this on TEW blog and had to come read about all the goings on. TFS xoxo Lizzy

karalschuknecht said...

Gorgeous card Susan, and I love the layering and your embellishments are wonderful. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede.
Karal DT

V's Sweet Ideas said...

Beautiful card!!! Love the trifold. Thank you for joining us over at V's sweet challenge!

Myndi said...

Can I tell you how much I LOVE The East Wind?! Kyra/Unky blows my mind with her art. You have done an absolutely fabulous job here. I just love it! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Stamping Chef this week!
Myndi (The Stamping Chef DT)
http://colourmyhearts.blogspot.ca/

Denise Goeldner said...

Fabulous tri shutter card, beautifully embellished, love the colours too. Thanks so much for joining us over at Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again.
~ Denise DT ~
Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}
{Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}

Heather said...

A fabulous card Susan, I love your design and stunning colours. Your image is delightful, beautifully colour and such great detailing!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Unknown said...

To me this is outstanding, who can think of all these wonderful little decorations on the pieces. I really like this. Thank you for posting your beautiful art with us this week during our 156th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Carole

KarinsArtScrap said...

Susan this is gorgeous
Thanks for join us at
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

Karin

Camille Short said...

This is just pretty! I love the eclectic choice of colors, images, and embellishments.

Jacee said...

Gorgeous card, love your image, super design.
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Tamie said...

Stunning coloring and layout for this card. The details are perfect and I simply love the shape of this card not to mention the paper it adds a huge pop too. Thank you very much for sharing your awesome inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Anything Goes Challenge.

Tamie 4CC DT

debbie said...

what a fun layout... and great coloring thanks for Joining us this week at Digi Stamps 4 joy

tilly said...

a lovely card with fab colours, thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Catz and hope to see you again
Tilly

Blossom Cards said...

fab shaped card thanks for sharing with SBBC Rachel dt

Colette said...

Gorgeous tri-shutter card, great image and embellishments, thanks for playing along at The Paper Shelter challenge, good luck, hugs, Colette xx

Tamie said...

Stunning coloring and I love the paper you used on this Tri fold design. The flower in the back adds an awesome touch. Thank-you for joining us at the CraftsGaloreEncoreChallenge #11 Anything Goes.

Tamie DT

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is a gorgeous tri fold design. Just adore the mix of design papers and perfect for our ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 1,000 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Riette said...

OH my heart I have to pop in and say my mind is blown by your creation!!
Thanks for sharing with us at DS4J
xxx
Riette, DT

Riette said...

OK here I am again with my MAWTT hat on and just want to say again that I take my hat off to you for this amazing creation!!! I have never had the guts to try this type of thing.
Well Done!!
xxx
Riette, DT, MAWTT

creative lady said...

Susan, love your tri-fold card and you rimage. Your coloring is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with Mema's Crafts.

Annette said...

Wow, this looks amazing! Beautifully coloured and lots of gorgeous details!
Thanks for sharing and joining us at Crafty Catz!
Hugs Annette GDT

Mema's Crafts said...

Absolutely gorgeous and your coloring is awesome! Thank you for taking time to visit and play with us at Mema's Crafts. Good luck in the challenge.

Joyce Ann said...

Very creative card, I love how the image looks on the black and white; thanks for sharing with us Mema's Crafts.

Sandy said...

Beautifully designed card, fab image and lovely embellishments.
Thanks for sharing with us at Completely Christmas Challenges this week.
Hugs,
Sandy

Jen Leeflang said...

Your colouring is beautiful, as is all the detail on your lovely card! Thanks so much for entering our Anything Goes challenge at Bugaboo Stamps. We hope you'll join us again soon, and wish you luck in tomorrow's draw.
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Bugaboo DT

sgc said...

Cute card! Thanks for playing in Bugaboo's challenge.

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Oh this is absolutely my favorite style by you Susan. Incredibly gorgeous, fabulous coloring, fantastic 3D and loving the attention to detail. Suoerb design! Thank you for playing along with us at DigiStamps4Joy and hope to see you again soon. Have great moments Susan.

Hugs,
Asmah
[DS4J DT Member]
[Qinaahana Arts And Crafts ~ My Personal Blog]

d said...

I love your cards. Great colouring and design. Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenges

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, such a brilliant design.
Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Designs.
Pauline
x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a pretty card you have made. It fits the Bearly Mine Challenge this month well of “Christmas cards”. Thank you for taking part and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team Leader)

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card. I love the image. Thanks for joining in our 'All About Christmas' challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
Hugs
Bev x