Followers

Friday, October 2, 2015

GDT at Art By Miran*

Good morning and a very happy Friday!! I'm working from home today. I spent most of my day yesterday working on a problem at work. I was exhausted! Tonight, Michael works and Bailey is staying at school to go to the football game. Should be a nice, quiet night for Kevin and I :)  Then tomorrow, I have a full day at the park for Bailey's games. We are suppose to get rain. We will see!!


I was asked to be a Guest Designer on the Art By Miran blog. I couldn't be more excited and truly honored to be asked. This is what I have created... or recreated is more like it :)










For this creation I have used A Birdie Told Me from Art By Miran. I colored her with Copic Markers and I did just a small amount of layering.

I found this little item at the Goodwill store close to my house. I paid a little over $3 for it. I wish I had taken a photo of it before, but I forgot to! It was a dark brown, the edges were worn down and it had some oriental writing on the drawers. I sanded it down and painted it in a dark gray. Then I put a layer of Crackle on it and topped it with a light blue.I dabbed some gold paint around it a bit. The original knobs on the drawers were a small round, boring knob. So, I changed those out for these knobs and I think they look much better. I added some gem swirls on each drawer and some roses. This was created with my Mother in mind. This will be one of her Christmas gifts :) I hope she will like it!

Copic Markers Used:
  • Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11, E13, R20
  • Dress: B0000, B000, B00; Y00, Y11, Y15, YR24; B23, B24, B37
  • Roses: R32, R35, R37; C5
  • Eyes: Y06, YG06, BG01, BG05, BG49, B39, 100
  • Hair: Y0000, Y04, Y15, Y26, E37
  • Leaves: G20, G24
  • Mouth: R59, R89
  • Bird: B00, B01, B03; C00, C1; YR82
Challenges:



24 comments:

Barb said...

What a BEAUTIFUL CREATION!!! Love what you have done here, great design. Thanks for sharing with us at Julia Spiri's challeng, hope to see you again. Barb

Jacee said...

Wow, this is fantastic!!!!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Terri's Cards N More said...

Oh my goodness! What a beautiful creation. Your mother is one lucky lady. Such a unique gift. Thanks for joining the Crafting With An Attitude challenge.

Dawn said...

Fantastic project Susan! I love all the little details!Thanks for sharing it with us at Eureka stamps for our Anything Goes Challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn x

Cheri said...

Holy smokes, Susan! What a find and then what a creative masterpiece! This is stunning! Thank you for bringing it over to the ATG challenge at The House That Stamps Built.

Cheri said...

And thank you for the lovely comment on my card on The House That Stamps Built blog! I truly appreciate it.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion, good luck!!! Amy DT

~ginny said...

Susan - those knobs are PERfect for your project! The little bit of metal in copper(?) really finishes the distressed and Crackled paint on the drawers to get to Shabby Chic!! Of course, for me, I am always checking out the Copic coloring you do... fab hair colors, the shadows & contrasts are spot on & the roses are delish! Thank you for sharing your project and creativity at 613 Ave C!
~ginny, DT for 613 Ave C : [#142 – ATG / Use Sapphire]
Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Amy Cohen said...

Well done- you should be very proud of this project. Perfect for a Guest Design Team creation. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.
Amy-DT

Michelle said...

Oh wow this is fantastic. Great work and lovely colouring.
Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
Good luck. xxx Michelle (DT)

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic creation! Thanks for sharing and joining us at Craft Your Passion.
Myriam (DT)

debby4000 said...

WOW this looks fantastic, must have take time to create something so fabulous.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

chrissy xx said...

What a Wonderful creation this is Susan..
So much detail and I LOve your colours.
Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at QKR Stampede.
Chrissyxx
Congratulations on your GDT spot x

Unknown said...

this is fab what a lovely idea love Jane xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

Susan gorgeous project
Thanks for join us at
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

Karin

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Fabulous! Love the crackled paint! Sweet image and your coloring is awesome Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede

Brenda DT

Juliz Design Post said...

Fantastic project with amazing crackles and beautiful colouring. Thanks for joining in the challenge at That Craft Place and good luck.
Julie x

Kellie 0:) said...

Susan your project is gorgeous. Your Mum will love it. TFS and joining us at Jo's for Funday Friday

Heather said...

Oooo . . . this is gorgeous!! I love the cracks and the bling and that beautiful image. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built. Sorry it's taken me so long to comment; life has been crazy this week.

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,thanks for sharing with us at Country View.xxx

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, such a lot of work has gone into this. Love this. Thank you for joining us at
Stamps by Julia Spiri
Hugggs Lori X x X

Janis Lewis said...

Oh wow. This is gorgeous!
Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks
:) Janis

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Oh wow...what amazing creation here Susan. So awespiring! I'm so happy to have your creation entered at Digistamps4Joy and wold love to see you again in November. Happy creating as always Susan.
Hugs,
Asmah
DS4J DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

Judy McKay said...

What a fabulous project. The details are stunning. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT