As for other stuff... I spent the latter part of Saturday afternoon helping Bailey get ready for her Homecoming dance. She looked beautiful, but she always does. I couldn't believe how nervous she was too! And it seems like she had a really nice time. Although she came home saying that she was a typical white person and had no rhythm and couldn't dance! LOL I told her that wasn't even possible!! I danced from 5 years old until I was 16 years old. I still have rhythm... there is no way a child of mine can't have rhythm LOL It's just not possible!! I told her we would have to work on that!
Then Bailey had a Lacrosse game on Sunday afternoon. They won that game, but she didn't play goalie for that one. She did play in the field a bit though. They were short a bunch of people. I need to help her goalie train more. But I come home, I take a shower, I change into my bed clothes and hunker down to craft LOL I need to set some time or something.
Michael... he worked all weekend and he worked long hours. I actually went to check up on him last night... concerned he was over doing it. He is only 16 years old though... I guess he is fine! He loves earning money!
Other than that... Friday Kevin and I went to a movie late afternoon and saw Goosebumps. It wasn't bad .. it was nice to get out and do something with him; it always is! He did some research on being a drive for Uber and figured out there is really no way to make money doing that even though it sounds like a great idea. With the wear and tear on your car, the gray areas with insurance, well... it just ends up that you don't make any money.
Oh!!! And we had a weekend of MotoGP racing and Sunday's MotoGP race was AMAZING!!!! It was the best race I have seen... really fantastic!!! They were in Australia for this race and it was four of them through the whole race fighting for the front. And they fought all the way to the end!! And my boy... Marquez, pulled it off in the end!! I couldn't be more excited! It was an exciting race!! And another of my favorites, Iannone, pulled out a 3rd place in the end!! And!! He hit a seagull at the beginning of the race and you saw the HUGE hole in the ferring at the end of the race! It was such a great race!! Okay.... enough of my rambling!! :D On to what I finished up this weekend.
The first photo is the before picture and then the after photos:
So, I got this frame at Goodwill and bought it so I could change it. I took an image from Sweet Escape Digis and it is Berenice. I took the frame and took some sand paper to it. Then I cleaned it up and painted it with black paint. I took some purple and blue paint and mixed them together to get a match on her dress and painted the sides and then took a wet sponge to it to give it a bit of a textured look. I also added some gold to the frame to add a bit of sparkle. I added the two images that were colored with my Copic Markers. Her bow was black glitter. I also added some threaded sequins to the frame for additional shine and sparkle. The two glass pieces in the frame were removed and I used alcohol ink on them. I used some purple, orange, pearl and gold on those and then put them back in with some clear silicone. Then the entire thing was covered in three coats of Varnish to protect it.
Copic Markers Used:
- Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E13; R20
- Hair and Ears: YR12, YR15, YR14, YR18, E19; R20
- Hood, Bow, and Boots: C3, C5, C7, C9
- Dress: BV02, BV04, BV08
- Eyes: YG03, G99, C3
- Challenge #2: Shiny (1/3) @ Sweet Escape Digis Facebook.
- Challenge #55: Anything Goes @ Inspiration Destination.
- Challenge #205: Anything Goes (2/5) @ Word Art Wednesday.
- Challenge #297: Anything Goes (1/3) @ Crafty Catz.
- FFC #110: Anything Goes (1/3) @ Jo's Scrap Shack.
- Challenge #315: Color (black, purple, orange) @ Just Us Girls.
- Challenge #19: Anything Goes @ Paperbabe Stamps.
- Challenge #96: Halloween Colors (black, orange, purple) (1/3) @ Simply Create Too.
- Challenge #146: Anything Goes w/Twist of Create Your Own Challenge (1/3) @ 613 Avenue Create.
- Challenge #284: Anything Goes (1/3) @ Craft Your Passion Challenges.
- Challenge #6: Anything Goes @ A Bit More Time To Craft.
- Challenge #43: Anything Goes (1/3) @ Art By Miran Challenge Blog.
- Challenge #35: Anything Goes (2/3) @ CCC Digi Creations.
- Challenge #150: Colour Choice (orange, black or purple) @ Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge.
- Challenge #20: Anything Goes (1/3) @ Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.
- Challenge #135: Black, Orange, Purple and/or Ghosties (1/3) @ The Crafter's Cafe.
- October Showcase #3: Anything Goes @ 2 Creative Chicks.
- October: Anything Goes @ Altered Eclectics.
- October Challenge #25: Anything Goes @ Not Just Cards Challenges.