Today I am posting on the Whiff of Joy blog for COLOR Me Happy Friday. I wanted to share this little card with you using Reporter Henry.
For this card I used Reporter Henry from Whiff of Joy. I colored him with my Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. I decoupaged a bit of him and inked around the edges with black ink. The papers are from a really old Club Scrap box. I added the ribbon which I tied with three loops. I created the sentiment and added the pearls next to the sentiment and on the image. I also embossed the background, red paper with a Happy Birthday embossing folder. I completed the sentiment on the inside and that is simply it. I love the shading that I got with the pencils and Gamsol with this image. And I think the decoupage added that much more to it! And I LOVE Henry!!
Prismacolor and Gamsol: I have found that when I'm using Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol, that you really don't need much pencil. The best way to get the shading that you want is to apply a darker line of pencil right around the edge. Then you use the Gamsol to pull the pencil from the edge which creates that magnificent shading. I have also found that it is much better to use less pencil and add if you need to. It is nearly impossible to remove too much pencil line.
- Challenge #91: Birthdays @ CMC Copic Challenge Group.
- May Anything Goes @ Come and Get It Challenges.
- FFC #48: Anything Goes @ Jo's Scrap Shack.
- Challenge #27: Anything Goes @ Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge Blog.
- Challenge #198: Head Gear @ The Corrosive Challenge Blog.
- Challenge #17: Anything Goes @ Crafting From The Heart.
- Challenge #115: For The Man/Boy In Your Life @ Lexi's Creations.
- Challenge #139: Anything Goes @ Paper Makeup Stamps.
- Anything Goes @ Crafty Sentiments Designs.
- Challenge #102: Anything Goes @ Loves Rubber Stamps Challenge Blog.
- Hats (oldie: ribbon, papers) @ Oldie But A Goodie Challenge.
- Anything Goes @ Through The Craft Room Door.
- CMC #46: Emboss It @ Card Mania.
- May Anything Goes @ Catch The Bug Challenge Blog.
- Challenge #81: Anything Goes @ Dream Valley Challenges.
- May Anything Goes @ Crafting By Design.
- Challenge #4: Furry Friends @ Naughty or Nice Challenges
- May: Anything Goes @ Stamping Sensations.
- May: Anything Goes @ 3 Girl JAM Challenge.
- Challenge #41: Anything Goes @ Challenges 4 Everybody.
- May: Anything Goes w/A Handmade Bow @ Craft-Dee BowZ.
- Challenge #32: It's All About Texture @ Rhedd and Rosie Challenge Blog.
- Challenge #176: 2 or More Patterned Papers @ Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog*
- Challenge #131: Anything Goes @ Word Art Wednesday.
- Challenge #28: Anything Goes @ The Stamping Chef.
- RCS #69: Something Borrowed (last card sketch at Stick It Down Challenge Blog) @ Red Carpet Studio.
- Challenge #320: Paw Pals @ Cute Card Thursday.
- Challenge #211: Boys @ Stampavie and More.
- Challenge #132: Anything Goes @ DL.Art.
- One For The Boys @ A Creative Romance.
- Challenge #35: Anything Goes @ Creative Fingers Challenge Blog.
- Challenge #56: Anything Goes @ Sister Act Card Challenge.