It's been an interesting time at work. I've been doing two jobs.. working quite a bit of overtime each week for quite a few months now. The lady that was out on sick leave has come back, but it was such a mess when she left that they are having me gradually give her work back to her. I'm really hesitant giving it back to her too. Part of it is selfish though.. that is just that I've learned so much and cleaned it up and changed the process so that it works better that I just hate to give it up! I also support four Executive Directors.. well I did.. I am now the only one so I will be supporting all of the Executive Directors... eight of them.. and soon to be three VP's. I'm thinking that is just not going to happen LOL AND! on top of that they wanted me to go help out another VP who had her Admin quit. I'm thinking I'm only one.. and that is really stretching me a bit thin. Hopefully we can find someone good to come in and help out. This will be the fourth Admin we will have been through. That's life! I have an awesome boss, so I'm not complaining.. although I'm still waiting on that raise she promised me!
We are now in August and I'm patiently.. Okay.. maybe a bit impatiently... waiting on immigration to let us know something. I know it is getting really hard on Kevin. We just want this waiting to be over. It will be five months on the 12th of August. I'm going to get a box ready to send over to him with the album that I worked on and some other things that need to go. I pray every day that the time will be over and that we can be together again and get this family back to normal. Hopefully soon...
School starts in a couple of weeks. They start back on the 13th of August. I can't wait!! LOL Summer vacation in the US is just WAY too long!!! Not to mention that they forget everything they have learned. I have managed to get some supplies for Bailey. We still need to go shopping for some pants and Michael needs his supplies. Sneak a Peek is next Thursday. We will go in and meet the teachers.. see where the classes are. Bailey is very excited since she will be starting middle school. I can't believe she will be in the 6th grade! And Michael will be starting the 8th grade! Boy do they grow up so fast!
Me.. I've been enjoying the Olympics.. I have it on my laptop at work, on the tv at home.. I even put the snooze on the TV so I am falling asleep to it LOL I LOVE the Olympics.. and I am really enjoying them online as well. It's really been great! I hope you all are enjoying it as well! I watched a young girl from Iraq today competing in Archery. It made me get all teary eyed watching her.. With a big smile on her face. It was wonderful to see.
Today I finished up a card I've been working on since yesterday. Its my hot chocolate Warmest Wishes :)
MelJens Designs and it was colored using Copics. I also used my Zig Millenium to add some detailing like the steam lines and popped the penguin. I used dies for the circle and scalloped circle. I used a punch for the smaller snowflakes.
- National Milk Chocolate and Hamburget Day (hot chocolate) @ Drunken Stampers
- Animal Cards for Kids @ Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge Blog
- 14th Challenge: Birds @ Crafty Mess
- Challenge #49: Animals or Insects @ Pattie's Creations Design Challenge
- Challenge 19: Anything Goes @ Fat Pages and Cards with Attitude
- Challenge 19: Anything Goes @ ATCs and Cards with Attitude
- Glitz and Glimmer Challenge @ The Paper Shelter
- PTT #70: Anything Goes @ Party Time Tuesdays
- #109: Doodling (the swirls and dots for steam) @ Tuesday Throwdown
- Anything Goes @ The Poodles Parlour
- Anything Goes @ Scrap-Creations
- Challenge #171: Monochromatic @ Digital Tuesday Challenges
- Anything Goes @ MelJen Designs
- Challenge #102: Christmas in July Week 4 @ 2 Sister's Challenge Blog
- Challenge 70: Christmas in July @ Lexi's Creations
- #23 Christmas in July @ The Cutie Pie Challenge Blog
- Lots of Layers @ Whoopsie Daisy Challenges
- Dies and Punches @ Crazy Amigo Challenge
- Challenge #5: Anything Goes @ Papelitos Stamp Challenge