Followers

Thursday, June 2, 2016

In Memory Poppies Easel

Good evening everyone!!  I hope you are all well!!  Just life happening here.Work has been a real challenge lately and that will continue. I'm just doing what I can and the best I can and that is all I can do. So that is that! haha!! I have been trying to spend my weekends and evenings crafting. Sometimes that works and other times it just doesn't. Like last night... hubby wanted to watch a movie with me .. Risen. He wanted me to spend time with him hehehe!!  So, I turned off the pc... gave up on crafting last night and just spent time with him and watching the movie. The movie was really great too.

What else.. the kids have been out of school for a bit. I took Michael up to Dahlonega to stay with Taylor, my oldest daughter, for the summer. My youngest just goes out every day all day!! To the pool, to friends houses. She doesn't ever want to be home.

And that is what is going on in the Kennedy household right now. I'm watching The Stanley Cup Finals and rooting on the Pittsburgh Penguins. And they are up by two games... woohoo! I have always been taken with goalies.. and right now I am loving Matt Murray. He is a rookie goalie for the Penguins and I just think he is magnificent! He will have a great career ahead of him. So... that is who I am rooting for! I hope he takes it home. Although I was really surprised that they started Murray since their goalie is healed, healthy and ready to play. I love hockey! And I'm enjoying watching them play!

Okay.. enough of my rambling.. Onto my card for today:









I have used a Delicious Doodles image - Remembrance. I colored the image with my Prismacolor Pencils. I then cut around it with a My Favorite Things die. The background was done using pastels. I have done a bit of layering on the image as well. I decided to create an easel card with this image. All of the pieces were cut using the Silhouette Cameo. I have managed to use a host of scrap papers for this! I am still trying to get rid of some of my scraps! I've used a bit of ink around the kraft pieces and the light blue paper. I also added some large black pearls to the top of the easel where the image resides. I added the poppy flowers at the bottom and also added a "deepest Sympathy" stamp at the bottom. There are also a couple of the large black pearls added to the bottom to tie it all in.

Challenges:


31 comments:

Spiral Creativity said...

Fabulous Card.Love the Layering of the flowers....Thank you for joining us at Creative Fingers.

Rgds,
Shamita DT

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Love your image and love how you have coloured it so perfectly with pencils.
Nice inking job on the blue, really makes it perfect behind the image. Great work.

Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Again, perfect.
Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at PINspirational, good luck!!! Amy DT

crafty said...

Beautiful!! Thank you for joining in the Eureka Stamps challenge this week.
Mary

DeBe said...

Such beautiful colours on a very poignant card. Truly stunning!
Thank-you for joining us at the Jades Sparkling Butterflies Challenge #20. Good Luck with the Challenge, Denyse x

Donna Ellis said...

Lovely tole work in your layers, Susan, and gorgeous colors! Beautiful image, too. Sounds like things are in full summer swing at your house! Hope you enjoy a safe and fun summer! Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge "Anything Goes". Please check back to see if you are a winner!
crafty hugs,
de
P.S. I'd love for you to visit my personal blog if you have a chance. Thanks!
{Creative Smiles}

Lisa said...

What an amazingly beautiful card.Superb pencil colouring and love the dimension too.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

Darlene said...

Oh wow ... this is just gorgeous! LOVE the design and your colors are fabulous! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Let’s Get In Shape’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

everything with stickles.blogspot.com said...

Stunning card beautiful coloured x just perfect xx thanks for sharing at Glitter n Sparkle Chris DT x

Glenda said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!

Glenda

crafty-stamper said...

Stunning card love the beautiful decoupaged image and poppy embellishments---Thank you for joining us at Inky Impressions
Carol GD x

Angela B. said...

My goodness your card is gorgeous! The layering is so well done! Such beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at TTCRD!

Angela, DT
Through The Craft Room Door (TTCRD)

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Stunning creation. And I love the colours you used. Well done. Thanks for joining us at CCC Digi Creations Challenge.

hugs
Claudia
DT CCC Digi Creations Challenge
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/

Melissa said...

This is a beautiful card.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.
Good luck xx

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful creation. Fits our Flower challenge so well.

Thanks for sharing with us at Glitter n Sparkle.

Hope to see you again soon.

Tracey DTxx

Billie A said...

Very pretty card for a sad occasion. I love the layers you did and the layout. So glad you shared over at Inspiration Destination.
Billie A
Inspiration Destination
Catch the bug
Creative with Stamps
Aud Sentiments

CraftYourPassion said...

Just popping back with a different DT hat on...Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

Chrissy said...

So beautiful Susan..gorgeous colouring and card design...
Thank you so much for sharing your project with us at Classic Design Team Open Challenge..
Luv CHRISSYxx
[Chrissy DT for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Chana Malkah said...

This is so beautiful, Susan! Love the delicacy of the design. Perfect! Thanks for dropping this off by our house at 613 Avenue Create

Diane said...

Beautifully created and colored!! Thank you for joining our 'shape' challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT

Arlene said...

Beautifully done.

So glad you could join us at Morgan's Artworld this month.

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful card Susan. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Handmade by Veer said...

Gorgeous card! Love the image and the colouring!
Thank you for joining us at Morgan's Artworld
Veronique DT

Shelly said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card!

Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin Diva's.
Shelly

M DelValle said...

Awesome card. Love the colors and the texture. Thank you for joining us at Star Stampz challenge blog. Maria

Mari said...

What a lovely card! Amazing coloring and the image is gorgeous too. Thanks for playing with us at Crafting with an Attitude :) xx Mari

* Shell B.* said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for sharing with us at Your Scrapbook Place
¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska (DT)*

Unknown said...

wonderful creation love all the detail and your colouring is beautiful... thanku for joining us @classic design team open challenge #3
DT - Kristyn - mystitchbackintwine4.blogspot.com

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with Sisters of Craft and good luck. Wendy DT x

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!! (So sorry for not commenting sooner but this proving I'm NOT A ROBOT stuff is driving me nuts!!!)
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper