Followers

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Show Me Your Birthday Cards! @ MelJens Designs

Happy Thursday everyone!! Tomorrow, Kevin and I head into Atlanta for his Biometrics appointment. I believe it is going in to get his fingerprints and photos. I believe that is all, but I'm not 100% sure. So, today is my last day of work this week Woot!! And we are on our way with the Immigration appointments! This one is our first and hopefully everything will go quickly and smoothly.

Okay... on to our challenge this week at Meljens Designs! This week is Challenge #154: Happy Birthday.



I used Meljen Designs - Birthday Cake Mouse --- How adorable is he!! I had fun coloring this image and I popped the top of the cake and the bottom frosting ring. I colored everything with Copic. I used some stickles - blue, green, purple and crystal. I also used some puff paint for some detailing. I used a small piece of blue lace and the papers are from Bo Bunny. I used two stamps - Happy Birthday on the front is from Jaded Blossom (Make A Wish) and the inside is from Creative Vision (Sassy Happy Birthday II). I also added some stitching on the front.

Copic:
E23, E25, E27, E29
Y13, Y15, Y17
R43, R46
YG01, YG06, YG09
BG01, BG05, BG07
V12, V15, V17

Challenges:
Its been a week!! I hope you all have had a good week!! Monday I had to work in a different building and away from my desk. It really is hard working away from your stuff! And the CIO kept me there late.. gotta love that on a Monday LOL  That's alright! At least it was over. Tuesday I spent catching up on everything that was left on my desk from Monday. It was a productive day, but I haven't been able to get much crafting done and that stinks! And then Wednesday -- I spent the day working and working some more... Oh! and working more!! LOL And then I got down to coloring and then it was time for bed. Oh how there are not enough hours in the day for me to play!! LOL I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!!!!

    33 comments:

    Unknown said...

    Ooh how exciting Susan! I really hope the immigration process goes smooth for you. :D I have been told recently that my own immigration in Sweden was ridiculous unusually fast. So I have a feeling, most people go through a bit of what you have so far even here. I'm totally crossing my fingers so that you can get it all fixed up. :D

    Now on to that amazing card! LOVE it! The cake, the colors, the papers!! <3 <3

    Alyx said...

    Lovely card Susan. Great image and colours.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    Kay Dalton said...

    what a fab card,love it,thanks for joining us at Glitter n sparkle x

    Unknown said...

    This card is a page of frisky fun. It does remind me of the first time I had to distress new paper. The layers, to me, show how much time and energy went into this art.
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful artwork with us this week.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday
    The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

    valou250809 said...

    Wonderful card! I love this image! thanks for playing with "Faieries Challenges Blog". Hugs, Valou

    Misty's said...

    This card is good enough to eat, Susan. I LOVE the image and the way you coloured it in.
    Michaela xx

    Nana said...

    Beautifl. Thanks for joining us over at HIMCR.

    Have a great day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creavtive Chicks ♥
    ♥ HIMCR ♥DT

    craftygranny said...

    gorgeous image and super sweet colours. well done . Thanks for joining us at glitternsparkle hugs trisha x

    Karon said...

    Fabulous fabulous card. Love all the layers and that stinking cute image. Ain't it funny that we both watched The Hobbit this last weekend. Andy spent 4 years in New Zealand when he was little and still remembers the sprawling scenery! Hope things go well with Immigration. TFS

    Karen Letchworth said...

    This card is absolutely preciius. THe image, the colors, and just everything about it is SO sweet. Thank you for sharing your talents with us, and please know how very grateful I am to have you play along. May God bless you as you create and share.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    V's Sweet Ideas

    Barbara Bruder said...

    WOW, the cake in this card looks scrumptious. Love all the different DP you used. What a fabulous card.Thanks for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenges this month.
    Barbara - SNSCC coordin

    Mema's Crafts said...

    This card is yummy. Thanks for sharing this with us at Mema's Crafts and we look forward to seeing more of your work.

    Lesia
    Don't forget to enter the giveaway.

    Penny said...

    Oh, my, what a darling image that is! Love it! Love your coloring, your design, papers, & distressing, too! Thank you for sharing this with us at TTCRD. Hope to see you again soon! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    Holly AKA KopyKat said...

    Oh this is so super cute! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!! Be sure to watch for our Blog Hop this Sunday!

    maureenjscott said...

    Saw your card on Tsunami Rose, this is really cute!! Best of luck for the challenge! Mo xxx

    Unknown said...

    Such a sweet card. Hilarious stamp you choose too! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles.

    mags said...

    A gorgeous card. Lovely image and love the way you have added dimension to the image. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafting Cafe and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    Unknown said...

    Completely adorable! Love the image and papers you chose. Adding the layers really make it striking. Good luck with immigration, I hear it's a real pain.
    ~Deb~
    CDAC DT Member
    A Look Through My Eyes

    Sandy Trefger said...

    Love your coloring on that adorable image! Adorable birthday card! Thanks for sharing with my April Challenge at Sandy's Crafty Creations!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    Unknown said...

    Adorable Card!!!... and Thanks for joining in on the challenge ;)
    ~Rhonda TRD DTL

    McCrafty's Cards said...

    Gorgeous card, I like the sweet image and the colours, Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash, Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    Pamela said...

    Lovely card and cute image , thanks for sharing at glitter n sparkle x

    Meg Farris said...

    This card is really amazing! I love it. Thanks for entering it in the Anything Goes Challenge at CDAC. Meg, CDAC-DT

    Carol Ric said...

    Adorable card and image. Thanks for joining us at Fairy's Challenge Blog.

    Marcy said...

    Cute card! Great colors and design. Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

    Janice said...

    Delicious! Lovely image and card, Jx

    Dawn said...

    Great card! Fab colouring & I love the papers you've used!
    Thanks so much for playing at The Crafting Cafe!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    Sarah said...

    a yummy cake and yummy design. Such great colours and great torn edges. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp & Show. Sarah.

    Sandy said...

    Yummy cake. a gorgeous creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Make It Monday, sorry I'm late popping in
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    Jenn Borjeson said...

    This is just oh-so-cute! Thanks for joining us at DICC. :)

    Bunny said...

    What a great card. I love the layers and the beautiful papers you have used. Your copic coloring skills are great.

    Im just me - Marleen said...

    Beautiful Project. Thank you for joining us at The Crafting Cafe.
    Marleen DT xx

    Im just me - Marleen said...

    Beautiful Project. Thank you for joining us at The Crafting Cafe.
    Marleen DT xx