Followers

Monday, April 29, 2013

Lots of Layers with Tammy's Scrapin Corner

http://crafty-emblies.blogspot.co.uk/p/challenge.htmlGood morning everyone!! Today we have Lots of Layers over at Tammy's Scrapin Corner. I didn't use the best image to show a lot of layers LOL Even though I got a bunch of layers in there, but I LOVE this image. I had planned on using my normal decoupage with it and that would have given me more layers, but decided on coloring it with my Prismacolor pencils. I colored one with the pencils only and the other I used Gamsol with my pencils. It was fun! Here are the two cards:

Card Not Using Gamsol:
So, with this one I just colored, shaded, etc with the colored pencils. I used yellow, icicle and purple Stickles. I also used White Opal Liquid Pearls for different spots of white. I used one of my edge punches for the green and blue layers. I added the doily die cuts that I just won from a challenge. They are from My Craft Spot. I added glass beads around the doily cuts and I added gems to the bottom.

For the second card, I used all the same items, but instead of just using the Prismacolor Pencils, I used Gamsol when coloring the image. I used the pencils around the edge and used the Gamsol which melts the pencil and spreads it out. I think it really looks good. Here is that card:

I love Bugaboo images :)  And their scenes are no exception. So that is it for me this week :)  I can't wait to see all of your layers!!

Challenges:
Alright... here's hoping for a better week this week.. I think I'm less emotional LOL I feel better!! And Joann .. I hope you are feeling better.. sorry you have been so sick!! And Tammy and Marc... you too!! Feel better!! I'm going to do my best to get to everyone this week!! I really need some me time!! LOL Not enough hours in the day. This having to work full time stinks! ;)

Alright.. have a great week everyone!!!
 

28 comments:

Unknown said...

Morning Susan,
how adorable is this design
Thanks for such talented designs always

Hugs Tammy
Tammy Scrappin Corner -Owner

loz said...

Fantastic card and gorgeous coloring Susan. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Barbara Godden said...

Cute card and nicely coloured, I'm fond of my prismacolor pencils too. Very nice to see the difference with and without Gamsol. Thanks for playing along with the Cheerful Stamp Pad for the April showers bring May Flowers challenge.

Darlene said...

Very cute and colorful! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘Free For All (anything goes)’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

fairyrocks said...

Thank you for Playing in Paradise with us this week. Love these bright fun whimsical pattern cards.

Annmakes said...

Hi Susan, your card is cute as a bug :). Lovely coloring. Thanks for entering the All That Stickles challenge.
Ann (DT)

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Fabulous project. Thank you for sharing with us Eclectic girlies. Hope to see you in future challenges.
Elaine aka Ellapu (Owner)

Notes by Nina said...

Very cute cards Susan, I love the fun bright colours and they are perfect for spring. Thank you for joining us for Playing in Paradise.

Sassy Raggedy said...

Wonderful image from Bugaboo...I am so glad you did the 2 versions to show the difference. I have always wondered what the difference was. Now I see...Thanks so much for the inspiration...joann sassy raggedy

Meggymay said...

Real cute happy cards. Thank you for sharing them with us at the Cheerful Stamp pad this week.
Yvonne

Karon said...

Fabulous card - I love this scene and wonderful colours!! TFS

Kimberly S said...

What an adorable scene! Love the whimsical images and the pretty coloring to show it all off. Thanks so much for entering at Wags n Whiskers challenge, hope to see you again! :) hugs, Kimberly

Dawny P said...

This is lovely - a wonderful design :) Thank you so much for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

Miranda Slagboom-de Groot said...

Lovely.
Thanks for joining us at Shelly's Images.
Hugs
Miranda
Shelly's Images Design Team

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is adorable. I saw it on MIM. Your coloring is incredible.

Manderly said...

Beautiful work! We are happy you joined us at Penny's Crafty-Creations this week!
Manderly
xxxooo

Kelly Lloyd said...

Fantastic creation thanks for joining us at forever friends
Hugs Kelly DT

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Susan .
Both coloured beautifully .
beautiful cards. thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Diva's
Hugs
Jayne

Meg Farris said...

I love this card and adore this image! Thank you for playing in this CDAC Challenge. Meg, Member of the CDAC DT.

Peanut said...

Gorgeous card, Susan! Thanks for joining our "Anything Goes" challenge. We'd like to see you again next week. … x
Asha - Eclectic Ellapu DT
Sunny Summer Crafts

Sandy Trefger said...

Adorable scene on your card! Love the butterfly! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!
~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

Dawn said...

Such a cute springtime scene :) Beautiful colouring. Thanks for Playing in Paradise.

Hugs, Dawn

Alljazzed2create said...

Love this card Susan.Spring time theme is always a hit.

Blessings Pam

Linda Pekrul said...

LOVE the bright springtime happiness of these cards! So CUTE! (I absolutely adore ladybugs!) Thanks so much for Playing in Paradise with us this week.

TannyP said...

What a cute card! The bling is perfect and your trails for each of the butterflies & bugs is adorable. Great colors. Thanks for sharing your creation for our Anything Goes challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

Miradormakings said...

Fabulous colours and great design. thank you for joining us over at Whoopsi Daisy this week.

Min said...

This is just adorable!
Thanks so much for playin' along with us for the Shelly's Images Challenge.
We hope you'll join us again for another FUN Challenge! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
Kaymin Kreations