Followers

Monday, May 9, 2016

Yam Puff Lacrosse

Good morning everyone!! And a very happy Monday!!  Is that possible?  Happy Monday?? haha!! Monday really comes all too quickly!!  And now it is time to go back to the working grind for the week... Yuck! But that is what it is!! I hope you all had a nice weekend though.

A while back I was looking around and then asking around for who could create a digital image for Lacrosse. I have a Lacrosse player... my youngest daughter Bailey is a Goalie. I wanted a girl lacrosse player and a girl lacrosse goalie. I searched and searched and just couldn't find a digital image anywhere. Then I went to Kit and Clowder and started asking who would do images. And then Alyce mentioned Yam Puff!! Duh!! I knew that! So I reached out to her and asked her about a commission. I paid for the two images and I've been waiting while she gets her orders completed. Then one day .. she sends me the images she has been working on. I'm floored!! They are perfect. And now I have them completed!!  They are so wonderful!!  If you ever want a commissioned piece of work.. definitely go for Yam Puff!! She was so easy to work with and she gave me just what I wanted. Not to mention her art is ADORABLE!!  I knew I would make use of these.. for the girls, the coaches, etc for at least the next four years! And then there is college .. so I am super excited!! And I went to work on using them for the first time. I made an altered canvas which I framed in an altered frame. And then I also made a matching card, which I'll post in a couple of days. First comes the canvas:






I created this for the coach. I figured she could hang it in her room or something. The two images are from the most wonderful YamPuff!! And they were both commissioned. Thank you Thank you!! for these awesome images!! If you haven't guessed, her High School team is  the Allatoona Bucs or Buccaneers. The frame started out this awful wood. It was a dark brown wood and it wasn't very attractive. I purchased it from Goodwill. I painted it black and then I splattered white and red on it. Their colors are of course red, black and white HAHA!!  Just in case you didn't get that! ;)  I altered a bottle cap and added Coach Carmichael to that and put that on the corner. I wanted to personalize it for her. I took the canvas and painted it a lighter gray and then splattered it with black, white and red. I cut that A in the middle out with the Silhouette and then I colored it in. I also cut the "Allatoona Bucs Lacrosse" out with the Silhouette. The two girls are colored with my Copic markers. I fussy cut them with a little white border around them. I really love that look. And that's it! I had a lot of fun creating it and she really seemed to like it. I gave it to her at the dinner we had to celebrate the team. See you in a couple of days to share the card that went with it. I'm not going to post that tomorrow as I'll be posting the Open-Minded Crafting May Challenge that day ;)

Copic Markers Used:
  • Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
  • Shorts, Socks and A: C03, C05, C07, C09
  • Shirt and Strip and Sticks: R22, R24, R29, R46
  • Goalie Hair: E50, E51, E53, E55, E57
  • Goalie Eyes: E53, E55, E57
  • Player Hair: Y11, Y21, YR23, YR24
  • Player Eyes: B00, B04, B16
Challenges:


27 comments:

Unknown said...

The splatter background is quite dramatic as are the images. Thank you so much for entering your creative and beautiful art in the Word Art Wednesday challenge.
Blessings, Carole

JanR said...

What a great gift for a coach! So cool that you commissioned these images. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Chris said...

Brilliant images, not surprised you're delighted with them! You've created a fabulous piece of art and I'm sure it will be very well received. Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments.
Chris
x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

This is stunning love the images and the background papers. Love Alison xx

Janette said...

Just love it, great work and a fab keepsake...
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week...x

Tamie said...

My cousin's daughter would just love this crafting magic! I love how you did the picture frame and laid out the images for it. The coach will love it. Thank you so much for sharing your inspiration with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Anything Goes Challenge.

Tamie DT

Crafting Vicky said...

Ohhhh wow this is just so fun and the images are just perfect! Of course the fact that you colored them... well what can I say about your coloring that I haven't said before lol you are just so amazing my friend!!!!!

pinky said...

What a great project, I am sure it will be well received. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Wow I love these Yam Puff images they are super awesome and you have done a magical job with these images on your canvas and framing just finished it off perfectly Susan. Great work, fantastic, I love it.

Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Unknown said...

Nice card love the bsckground
Thanks for joining Glitter n Sparkllynne

Rae Ann said...

I saw these and thought they were the cutest images!! I love the inky, splatty goodness of this project!

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs for our Anything Goes challenge.

Unknown said...

Wonderful Card and fantastic creation, just beautiful.
thanku for joining us at classic design team open challenge blog #2 hope to see you back next month to show off your beautiful work
Kristyn xx [Kristyn DT for Classic Design Team Challenge]

brenda said...

A really great creation and that's a fab background for those images, many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

I have some Tattered Lace candy here

B x

Jennifer Scull said...

what a fun project! isn't it great when you find just the images you are looking for?! :)

Thank you for joining our 'Anything Goes' Challenge at Crafts Galore Encore! :)

Mandy LaCroix said...

FABULOUS creation!
Thanks for sharing it over at 2 Creative Chicks!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Leinzlove, good luck!!! Amy DT

Tracy Wray aka Trak said...

What A fabulous Creation Beautiful in every way...
Thank you for taking part in the Art By Miran Challenge ... Hugs Tracy

Chana Malkah said...

Nicely done, Susan! Thanks for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Scrapper69 said...

WOW! This looks so COOL! LOVE your project! Thanks for playing along with us over at Leinzlove Tear Bears Challenge!

Theresa, DT Member
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Leinzlove Tear Bears Challenge DT

Chrissy said...

Wonderful project Susan..Thank you so much for sharing your project with us at Classic Design Team Open Challenge..
Luv CHRISSYxx
[Chrissy DT for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Erica said...

Hey, that's a really gorgeous memento to hang up. She's sure to get compliments on it.
Thanks for playing along with the Simply Create Too Ladies Only challenge no. 108.
See you again soon, we hope.
Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member)

Colette said...

Wow! brilliant images, beautifully coloured, great piece of art, thanks for playing along at the Paper Creator challenge, good luck, hugs, Colette xx

Unknown said...

This is lovely and different! Thank you for joining us at Our Crafty Corner challenge. Mary DT x

Deanna Mulder said...

Wow, fantastic project. Thanks for joining us at 2 Creative Chicks.

Deanna
2 Creative Chicks DT

Cinderella said...

Wow a very cool card thank you for joining us at Paradise of Stamps
Hugs Cinderella
Xx

Kathy said...

What a darling project; I'm sure the coach will love it. Thanks for sharing it with us at Your Scrapbook Place.

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous!! Thanks for linking up with us at leinzlovetearbearschallenge.blogspot.com