Yesterday afternoon someone tried to break into our house. They tried to kick in the door at the front of the house in the carport area. They smashed up the door and frame, but didn't break through the chain. Something must have scared them off or something. Really gets you thinking though! Makes you a bit nervous!
And what else... Kevin's tooth started aching today. I need to send him to the dentist tomorrow. They "fixed" that tooth! but it keeps giving him issues. Hopefully, he will do what he is told and go! He is stubborn though LOL!
Vicky Fortier and myself are opening a new challenge blog - Open-Minded Crafting Fun. That is where most of my focus has been this week.. working on the graphics for the site, getting the sponsors together and us just planning things out :) I'm really excited! It's going to be a lot of fun! Especially since we are so similar in our views... No stress.. No drama.. Just have fun :) It's going to be great! Meljen's is one of sponsors... Of course I'm excited about that! I hope you all will join us!!
Today we begin a new challenge at Meljen's Designs!! Today we have Challenge #182 - Peek A Boo (Hidden Element)! How fun!! I had so much fun with the images I was using I made a set - a birthday card and for my hidden element I made an invitation! The card is just a bonus item... no hidden element on it - I just couldn't resist the images!! LOL
For the challenge, here is my hidden piece:
I used the Pirate Polly and Treasure Map on this invitation. It is ATC size and I made the little envelope for it. I stamped the Date, Time, Place RSVP with one of my Stampin' Up stamps. I colored the images with Copic. I tried to get the dimensional view so you could see how I popped Polly. All scraps were used and some old fibers that I had. The small piece in the background was sprayed with water so I could get a really good crinkle and then I burned the edges. That's it for my hidden piece! I would have loved an invitation like that!! LOL
- Challenge #54: Things With Wings @ The Squirrel and The Fox.
- Challenge #205: Wings and Things @ Totally Gorjuss.
- Anything Goes @ The Sisterhood of Crafters.
- MIM #162: Anything Goes @ Make It Monday.
- Cut It Out @ Scrap-Creations*
- Anything Goes @ Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog.
- Challenge #102: Anything Goes @ Word Art Wednesday.
- Challenge #207: Mini-mize Me! @ Little Red Wagon*
- Anything Goes @ Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT.
- Our Feathered Friends @ Craft-Room Challenge.
- October: All Creatures Great and Small @ Stamping Sensations.
- October: Anything Goes @ DL Dot Art.
- SDC119: ATC's @ Stampotique Designers Challenge.
For this one I used Pirate Johnny and again I used the Treasure Map. I popped Johnny a little. I did the same to the paper behind by spraying it with water to get that really good wrinkliness (new word - LOL!) and I burned the edges. I distressed the edges of the black paper and I inked the card paper.The inside of the card I used Ocean Floor Background and I popped ;the sand. I did the same with the printed sentiment by burning the edges.. I didn't wrinkle that one. And there you have a card with an invitation too. I can't wait to see what kind of hidden items you guys come up with!!! Let's see them!! :)
- Challenge #165: Anything Goes @ 2 Sisters Challenge Blog.
- Challenge #75: Celebrate @ LEJ Designs Challenge Blog*
- Challenge #32: Anything Goes @ MarkerPOP.
- Challenge #63: Anything Goes @ Artistic Inspirations.
- Anything Goes @ Crafting By Design.
- Anything Goes @ Through The Craft Room Door.
- Challenge #31: Anything Goes @ Challenges 4 Everybody.
- Challenge #79: Anything Goes @ CMC Copic Challenge Group.
- Challenge #21: Anything Goes @ Creative Craft Challenges 2.
- October: Anything Goes @ Sketches For All / Stacy H-W's Cards and More Cards.
- October: Anything Goes @ The Crafty Bloggers Network.
- October: Wordplay Saturday *Anything* @ My Creative Moments.
- Anything Goes @ My Heart Pieces Digital Stamp Challenges.
- Anything Goes @ Stampin' For The Weekend.