This morning Kevin woke me up and I talked to him for a bit, but I didn't feel all that great. My throat was a little sore.. so he sent me back off to bed. I slept for a couple of more hours and I felt so much better when I woke up again. I have been finishing up my card so I will post that this morning along with the tag. I'm going to just enjoy the rest of the day. It is too hot outside, which is the perfect excuse to continue crafting! Have a great day everyone!
This is a tag that I made for the following challenge:
I used all scraps.. Boy do I have enough of them LOL I used chalk on the torn papers for the water and sand.. all of that is torn. I also punched a circle and chalked around the edge of it with red.. then in with orange and then yellow. I also wet that punch and rolled it up in a ball so it was wrinkled. I also did that with the leaves of the tree... I hand drew the leaves, fussy cut them and then wet them and rolled them in a ball so they wrinkled as well. I added detailing with Copic for the leaves, the coconuts and the tree trunk. The palm tree was completely hand drawn. It came out okay considering LOL The "Summer" block was from an old color block I had .. I thought it was perfect. I used several different ribbons, ricrac, etc. for the fibers on it.
Tiddly Inks Digitals and she is Wryn and I just love her! I love all of her graphics! And yes.. Super Fussy Cut LOL! Again I'm going for all scraps.. even had enough of the pink to make the card. The patterned papers are from an old Basic Grey pack. I stitched and inked. For the image I colored with the following Copic: Skin: E01 and E21 for shading; Hair: E31, E35 and E37; Dress and Shoes: YG03, YG13, BV00 and BV02; Crown and Stars: Y35; Frog: YG03, YG13 and the spots with G05. I used some sparkle fiber that I had to her wand. I was going to add glitter, but I thought she was good enough.
I'm going to put this in the following Challenges:
- Card Patterns ~ Our Final Sketch @ Card Patterns
- Inspired by #31 @ Inspired By (stripes, flowers, pinks, greens, Oh My!)
- July Anything Goes @ Stamp N Plus Challenge
- Challenge #16 ~ Anything Goes @ Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenges
- Challenge #35 ~ Anything Goes @ Creatalicious Challenges
- July Challenge ~ Layers @ The Cupcake Craftroom
- Challenge 46 ~ Anything Goes @ Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Challenge
- July 1st Challenge ~ Use Ribbon, Twine or Washi Tape @ Card Cupids Blog
- Sundays Are Lovely #11 @ Jaihart
- Challenge 23 ~ Photo Inspiration @ Crafty Ribbons Challenge (made me think girly!)
- Day 10: Happy Birthday, BFF @ 365 Cards