Followers

Monday, September 17, 2012

Challenge #28: Anything Goes @ Tammy's Scrapin Corner

Good morning everyone! Bright and early Monday morning! Okay.. not so bright.. it is staying darker later each day. I believe we switch the time in November again... I think!  It was a super busy week last week. And now it is Monday and I have been invited to a dinner with all of the Executives tonight. Now.. a little about me... I hate to go out! I'm a home body.. I like to be home, I don't like to go out with people, I'm not a super social person at all. And to go out with all of the Executives.. Ughhhh Makes me want to spew! But.. I know I have to do it, so I will. And I will gripe and moan about it to Kevin LOL  Poor guy!

So today... we have a new challenge starting up at Tammy's Scrapin Corner. This week is Challenge #28 with a theme of Anything Goes! I used a Digi Darla image this week:  Noah's Full Ark. I'm trying to do some cards that I have never done, so this week it was a Gate Fold Card. This wasn't a bad fold.. I don't mind it. And I will probably use this fold again. Here is my card:

I really enjoyed working with this image. I popped some of the animals on the ark to give it some depth... the waves.. the bow of the boat is also popped. On the inside i used the buttons, Denim twine from the Twinery, Ric Rac from my stash.. I used Metallic Rubons - Sky Blue for the edges.. keeping with my blue theme LOL And in the middle I made the lines a light tan and made the image really light so you could write there. I just thought it added a little something to the middle where you would put your note.  I used the Darcie cloud embossing folder on the outside. All of the paper is scraps except for the white that I made the actual card with. All of the coloring was done with Prismacolor Pencils. I used Gamsol on it too.

Challenges: 
Thankful:
09/13/2012
  1. I am thankful for the great night we had watching the theater at church. The entertainment was great.. and funny!
  2. I am thankful for the wonderful food we had at the church tonight. They had homemade biscuits, homemade jam, barbeque, beans, coleslaw and banana pudding. It was a good night.
  3. I am thankful for sitting at Table 8 during the dinner and production. We were with some really nice people. One in particular said she was in real estate and did a lot of rental properties. God is amazing.. we will need to start looking for a place soon. The lease here is up in February.. we will not be renewing.
  4. I am thankful that I was able to spend the evening with the kids doing something fun and being at church. It was a humorous production and they both seemed to enjoy it.
  5. I am thankful that we all got home safe and sound, all cleaned up and into bed.
09/14/2012
  1. I am thankful that I am able to work overtime. It really helps getting the extra pay.
  2. I am thankful for Harriet in Human Resoures who had my employment letter waiting for me today.
  3. I am thankful to Michael's teacher who reached out to me today to let me know he is slipping in his grades. Maybe we can bring him back before he slips too far.
  4. I am thankful that Bailey enjoys going outside to play. It is so healthy for her to be out there playing with the other kids.
  5. I am thankful for maintenance. They came in today and fixed my broken toilet. They also fixed the closet in the extra bathroom and they have ordered the part to fix Michael's closet.
09/15/2012
  1. I am thankful for a day of doing nothing!
  2. I am thankful for being able to watch a movie 3with the kids. We watched Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.
  3. I am thankful for being able to turn off the air and open the windows. I hope it will last!
  4. I am thankful for Taylor talking to Michael to try and help him with his math.
  5. I am thankful for the opportunity to get Michael on track. I am hopeful that I can find a counselor, psychologist or someone that will be good for him to talk to.
09/16/2012
  1. I am thankful for the awesome phone call with Taylor today. We were able to talk about a lot of things and she helped me understand  Michael's cubed homework so that I could help him.
  2. I am thankful that Bailey enjoyed a whole weekend of outside play!
  3. I am thankful I was able to help Michael with his math. He has a really bad attitude, but I think i was able to help.
  4. I am thankful I was able to spend time with Kevin today and work on getting some images colored at the same time. I love being able to spend time with him and its wonderful to think about having him home soon!
  5. I am thankful for the good meal I was able to throw together tonight and being able to sit down with the kids.

25 comments:

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

yeah I hear you about the going out... totally with you on that!

That card is STUNNING!!!! Your coloring is fantastic, I really love how you made it 3d!!!! I've never done that fold... I'm going to have to try it out.

Desire Fourie said...

Susan this is so beautifully designed. Loving your creative style. Wishing you a fab Monday.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Margie said...

This turned out beautifully!

Karon said...

WOW - this is absolutely stunning - love it. TFS

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

Jimjams said...

Well done for using up OLD stash so beautifully!

NanaConnie said...

Utterly incredible, Susan! What a fabulous amount of work you put into this. I love absolutely everything about it!

Tanya said...

Gorgeous card Susan, I love the layout and the text on the inside is great.

Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenge Blog :)

Tanya xx

jackid said...


This is beautiful thanks for playing with us at PCJ this time
Jacki xx

gina g said...

Gorgeous card lovely image and design.
Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine this week. luv gina xx

redwasher1 said...

What a sweet card!! Love it!! Thanks for playing along with us at Repeat Impressions.

PAC CHARITY CARDS said...

What a fantastic creation it's amazing.

Thanks for joining us at cards for men.

Caz

marion82 said...

sweetie very beautiful card!!!
Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy Challenges!!
hugs
xMx

you can visit
http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
for my free digis!!

Gaynor said...

This is great, love the design, thanks for joining our challenge at My mum's craft shop, Gaynor x

sarah-Jane said...

Wonderful card. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Sarah-Jane xx

glorygirl said...

Beautiful card! Your thankful list is so encouraging, a great spirit lifter!

lalkygirl said...

fantastic card ,love the image and the design is wonderful
thanks for joining us at DDS and good luck
tracey x

Joann Burton said...

Beautiful card. Susan you did such a wonderful job coloring this image and the design is lovely. joann sassy raggedy

Debby said...

Wow that is one impressive card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

Pop, Paper, Scissors said...

I found you! Fantastic card. You are a gtifted woman.

Jean Martin said...

Oh wow! This is amazing! Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study Challenge! I hope to see more of your work there! :)

Vic Lau said...

I love the beautiful colouring you've done and how you've added depth to the image. Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

Tess Davis said...

WOW! Super cute, love that arc!! Thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday!!

Tami said...

I just love Noah so creative!! Thank you for playing at Gingerloft!! This is very beautiful. I am looking for new DT members if interested feel free to e-mail me at alyssasmom98@aol.com

mags said...

A lovely creation and just perfect for our challenge over at Corrosive Challenges. Thanks for sharing with us and good luck.
Mags
x

My Heart Pieces Digital Stamp said...

Oh wow love this image. lots of works you did.Thank you so much for joining with us at My Heart Pieces.